ACN Latitudes Forums

Ear itch, Really bried hearing loss, throat inflammation

Emi1432

Ok, last post. In January I believe I had strep throat, though I was never tested. Since then I've had recurring bouts of tinnitus and ear pain/itch, trouble breathing through nose, and  sometimes (less frequently, though right now I have it) throat pain and/or slight itch. 

I didn't have a strict antibiotic treatment for PANDAS when I was a teenager, but OCD symptoms are basically non existent anymore and I;m about to start antipsychotics to deal with residual psychotic symptoms and anxiety. 

The problem is I'm not sure why I'm having these symptoms. I've checked anti D-Nasa B titers and it came back fine (104) and have had various throat cultures. I had a Sinus TC scan and had trouble breathing the day of the exam but it came back fine (it just said something about deviated septum which never bothered me before except when i was 13, which incidentally lines up with the PANDAS). I'm almost sure I don't have strep, and I sometimes symptoms disappear for a couple weeks, but I really have no clue what could be causing it and if it has anything to do with the fact I once had PANDAS.

On 9/20/2017 at 8:47 PM, emi1432 said:

I'm not sure why I'm having these symptoms.

Do you mean the recurring bouts of ear and throat problems, or the residual anxiety/psychotic symptoms?

If you mean ear and throat, it may have nothing to do with PANDAS especially if you believe that is cleared up.  But it could also be related in that PANDAS in an immune system problem, and if it didn't completely get resolved, the immune system may still be a little bit off.  In any event, it might be important to clear those infections in case they cause additional neuro-psych symptoms for you (it doesn't have to be strep - other infections can cause them as PANS).