ACN Latitudes Forums

Can Bactrim replace Ceftin?

xh1688

My DS 14 has been on Azithromycin and Ceftin for 7 weeks and on Rifampin for 4 weeks.

I did NOT see the real improvement on rage, OCD and anxiety. His behavior even becomes worse. Screaming, hitting, more enuresis even hit me and others. His rage really becomes uncontrollable. More enuresis symptom. He cannot stop to ask for restroom anywhere and any time!

The only positive thing is he trying to speak little more, and his brain seems little clearer but it is not consistent. (He is also autistic with language delay).

He started to bite his nail 2.5 years ago. I first time saw the parasite look worms in his stool three weeks ago! Does this relate to Babesia?

He has Bartonella rashes on his body although the Igx blood result was negative.

I heard some positive feedbacks about Bactrim. Does it work for patients who have Lyme, Bartonella and Babesia at the same time?

I feel he didn’t benefit to Ceftin.  He started to have loose stool when started Ceftin. Can Bactrim replace Ceftin?

Thank you in advance!

So sorry for all the agony you are experiencing.  Are you going to continue with, for example, rifampin?

I don't know much about these two abx's (Bactrim and ceftin), but there is a comparison here:

https://treato.com/Bactrim,Ceftin/?a=s

Note that some of the comparison is anecdotal (i.e. just collected from user's posts about their experience, so it is a little softer than hard science).  But you can see there that ceftin is primarily prescribed for lyme, while Bactrim doesn't get prescribed for lyme very much.