ACN Latitudes Forums

Cleaning brands?

My 11 yr old son has Tourette's. I am trying to find cleaning/laundry products that have as few chemicals as possible. What brands of cleaning products do you all use? Have you noticed if it has made a difference in regards to frequency/severity of tics?

Thank you for all if your help!!

Joy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Sorry you have not had any replies.

We use Seventh Generation products and I make a lot of my own household products with them, along with Greenwise bleach alternative and essential oils.

Eliminating chemical products definitely helped with both tics and OCD & general neurology

• 3 months later...

My 6 year old son has TS and I have recently been experimenting with household chemicals.  Store bought "clean" products are expensive so I have been making my own dishwasher tablets, landuary soup and body/shampoo.  I use all organic ingredients including citric acid, baking soda, coconut oil, essential oils, Epson salt and vinegar.  Some people use Borax but that's still a chemical.  Pinterest is amazing!  I don't have a specific receipe to share as I am still experimenting!  

Next we're trying DIY chemical free toothpaste and anything else I can brainstorm as I am in major detox mode (he's newly diagnosed so I am hypermode right now)

Good luck!

Patricia