ACN Latitudes Forums

CSA what is that

My son has been sick for 15 months bedridden with all the usual symptoms of mold/Lyme. He was treated for mold and most of his symptoms went away with the exception of headaches, fatigue, neurological symptoms like not wanting anyone to see him and isolating himself in phis room. I discovered purple streaks on left side of body.  He has had low testosterone and cortisol , not sure if it was from mold or Lyme.  Went to infectious disease Dr. sand he said purple streaks are STRETCH marks !  He is 21 has not grown in 4 years, he is 150lbs. He used to be 175 before getting sick.  What do you think about remaining symptoms! I want my son back!

Be sure to take pictures of the "stretch" marks, as they may be bartonella.

Weight loss may be a concern, but at 21, I don't think I'd be expecting more growth.

CSA is a mixed tincture of cryptolepis, sida acute and alchornea, a favorite recommendation for various lyme-related co-infections of herbalist Stephen Buhner.  (see e.g. http://www.woodlandessence.com/herbal.htm but Buhner's protocol is more complicated than just that mixture)

I suggest Buhner"s bart book https://www.amazon.com/Healing-Lyme-Disease-Coinfections-Complementary/dp/1620550083/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498414324&sr=8-1&keywords=buhner+bartonella (your library might have it)

You would want to start anti-inflammatory herbs like japanese knotweed (aka polygonum cuspidatum), resveratrol before anti-microbial herbs.  And probably basics like a little bit of b-vitamins and magnesium.  There are some helpful Facebook groups.

Has he had immune system bloodwork (with an immunologist or PANS doc) or testing for lyme and co-infections?  For the most part, infectious disease docs are not helpful for these issues.

Edited by jan251

He had an I've experienced test 1 year ago and they said it was positive, his number was 40 which equaled equivocal, so tight on the border.  He has had many western blots, all negative, infectious disease dr. Did a bartonella Elsa test, guessing that will be negative but we'll see. Current alternative dr. Treating him for black mold toxicity tests, MMP9,trans growth factor, VEGF, Melanocytes stimulating hormone, testosterone and cortisol to name a few and I asked her if these labs would be off due to Lyme as well as mold? She said yes. So she has only treated him for mold. I don't think she knows what she is doing and I am looking for another dr. I have one appt aug 21 for dr in sterling. I live in potomac md. Any advice or recommend actions would be appreciated. Where would I get those tests you mentioned? All non Lyme dr.s and infectious disease are useless.

I would find a PANS doc (via PANDAS Network website) or an LLMD (I don't know how to find one in your area other than going to ILADS website and asking for a recommendation).  And join a PANS Facebook group and ask there - there are several (I think I"m in about 10 groups LOL... perhaps start this one and this one ).

I don't know what immunologists are PANS-friendly on the east coast besides Dr B in CT.  But any doc can order the immune system bloodwork.

Edited by jan251