ACN Latitudes Forums

Non specific Anorexia present

Hi All,

I have a quick question regarding anorexia presenting as a possible symptom of Pans/Pandas. My anorexia appears to be non-specific, i.e not fuelled by any underlying psychological motive. Is this presentation typical of Pandas/pans? I've heard of the classic type associated with body image distortion - nervosa. There is also a type characterised by a "fear of choking" which I'm sure is relevant in the context of OCD. But for me there seems to be no underlying reason, it's as plain as simply going off my food. It sounds non-sensical; if anything I have a fear of looking too thin. although, there is no appetite during a symptomatic phase. Any input would be great. Thanks.

Edited by Hitman3161

3 hours ago, bws1565 said:

This might be related to zinc deficiency.  Our DD food symptoms were greatly improved when she was taking zinc supplements.

Hi Bws1565

Thanks for your input. I'll definitely look into ammending possible deficiencies to stimulate my appetite again. I was just wondering if this was a common but atypical occurrence in PANS/PANDAS? I know that a major criterion in diagnosis is anorexia (restricted food intake), but is an underlying psychological process absolutely necessary to meet this criterion? 

Edited by Hitman3161