Jump to content
ACN Latitudes Forums
  • pandas-cover-cropped.pngYour Child Has Changed; Should You Consider PANDAS?

    Have you seen our PANDAS eBook?  Our book is a helpful primer in a friendly question & answer format.  This eBook contains useful information to understand the symptoms of PANDAS, how it is diagnosed (including lab tests), the different types of treatments, approaches for prevention, and how to find the help and support that you need.  Your satisfaction is guaranteed. Learn more

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, JenniferG said:

 They would, at any dose, but my physician is not in network. So I have to meet my out-of-pocket and out of network deductible. Which is $16,000 for the year. 

Got it. Our physician is out-of-network also, but we're doing IVIg w/a company in-network.  If insurance denies, will decide if we want to risk another LD (have them approved every 4 weeks until November).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got HD IVIg approved for DS18 after 2 more appeals b/c LD was triggering flares.

Now having extreme flare, after 4th HD IVIg 2 weeks ago. Could it be cooincidental with exposure to virus/bacteria, having 2nd laryngitis-like symptoms that preceded loud screaming tics and head-jerking?

HD IVIg in Jan. 2018 was a miracle, most symptoms abated.

Flared after LD IVIg in March 2018. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My DS 13 received 16 weekly LD (1/4 of HD) starting last November.  It was extremely frustrating, because he would flare for 3-4 days, then start getting better, but would flare each time he had the treatment.  In May of 2018 he had a HD.  Huge improvement, which lasted about 6 weeks, then he began to decline.  Had another HD two weeks ago. It was like magic. Immediate improvement.  He will now receive monthly HD until the end of this year.  Apparently, this is AE protocol.  Could take 18 months.  He is about 80% improved.  His symptoms were severe.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, @maryangela . Just spoke w/DS18's PANS provider. Confirmed that b/c he was sick going into this latest HD IVIg, it will take longer for everything to calm down. We'll be doing HD every 3 months through November 2019. Good to hear about your DS13. We were also 80-90% improved January-March. Trying to get this current infection under control now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am new to all of this.  My daughter is still in the early stages of diagnosis.  But I was wondering what is LD and HD?  What do the letters stand for?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...