ACN Latitudes Forums

PANDAS - Denied Second Round of Antibiotics

Hi,

I just got back from our pediatrician's office about my DS. He started acting off (btw - no one noticed except for me for a few weeks!). Symptoms were frequent urination and then this breathing thing, where he's also sucking in air (deep breaths and air hunger). I encouraged Dr. to do a strep test because I saw something about PANDAS on my facebook page. Dr. did it and throat culture and blood test showed positive for Strep A. He got on a 10-day course of Cefrin? Urination kind of got better to the point where I don't obsessively watch for it but in exchange the breathing is now worse. We went back today for a follow-up and I asked for two courses on a different antibiotic. Dr. refused and said she would only treat if he tested positive on throat culture. I also requested appt. with Dr. latimer to rule out or treat him for PANDAS but that isn't until June 6. Is there anywhere I can go to treat sooner? Dr. Walsh in Leesburg - or a empathetic dr. who will diagnose? Please send me recommendations. There has to be more doctors out there.

Thx

Dr. Azam Baig he has offices  one in Edgewater, Maryland (Annapolis area). He is PANDAS /PANS friendly. He treats my two sons for PANDAS, as well as many other patients with PANDAS/PANS. 

Edited by mpsloan