ACN Latitudes Forums

Alternative Meds?

Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, glaucoma, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and marijuana. Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks

"Solid conclusive evidence" should be defined as a double-blind placebo-controlled trial. But I wonder if that exists for something as specific as ADHD (from the description in the link you provided, it doesn't look like the ones they describe there are this kind of standard - but that doesn't mean they are bad studies, just not as solidly conclusive).

I wouldn't be surprised if this kind of "really solid" study exists for one of the many other disorders you list. You could try searching within google scholar.

There are a lot of anecdotes about positive effects. There are people that I trust that have said that prescription CBD has helped their child's PANS/PANDAS symptoms. We haven't tried it for our child's (PANS) symptoms - I would like to investigate other possible things whose long-term effects (especially on children) might be better known. But "safety proof" for kids is pretty hard to come by.

• 3 weeks later...

Wasswa --  You can get the non-hallucinogenic component (cannabodoil or CBD) in a tincture form; it can be placed in drops under your tongue, or put into empty gel caps and consumed.  Many families on some of the forums here (PANDAS/PANs primarily) have used it for addressing anxiety issues with their kids.  The CBD oil can be purchased via Amazon and other on-line outlets, and given as it doesn't contain THC, is legal to purchase pretty much anywhere.  Since you don't smoke and have not tried pot previously, this might be a good option to try and see if the CBD is helpful to you.