ACN Latitudes Forums

Does cookware material or food from cans matter?

Guest Kaylynn

Guest Kaylynn

Does it matter if we cook in cast iron, aluminum, stainless steel, etc.? Should we try to find glass or Corelle so as not to be transferring metals into the food? Should all of our kids avoid food in cans (e.g., organic green beans, which are hard to get in the winter otherwise, organic kidneys beans), or just those that have tested high in aluminum. Thanks.

Kaylynn

Hello. The only cookware we use is corning, for the very concerns you are stating. I was told not to use the cranberry color because it was tested and found to leach into food. i have no idea if this is so, but i avoided that color. I don't know about the cans. I give colin a can of refried beans once a week. I think i'll ty to make my own from scratch. Hope someone will post who knows more about this. :) ! ~Colleen

Hi,

My dr. told me not to cook with the iron skillet do to kid has high iron. and aluminum. We do not have aluminum cookware. I am using stainless steel for now. Is tghis okay ? Good idea about using the corning ware.

Do not cook in the microwave because of the trans fats in the oils.

I found dried beans at the health food store. There are recipies to make your own without all the addititves and bad oils.

Hope this helps.

Guest christie

I use Corning/Glass or any cookware that is not metal. Aluminum will definitely leach into the food. I no longer use any canned food of any kind and try to avoid the microwave when I can. The microwave changes the molecular make up of the food and it no longer has the same nutrients it does when either raw or cooked on the stove.

There is also a book about fats that is excellent - Fats that Heal - Fats that Kill by Udo Erasmus. It is the last word on fats, fatty acids, etc. and was incredibly helpful to me in understanding all of this. He also goes into fats that cook well under high heat which is really important. Only ghee, coconut oil and maybe one or two others can be used at high heat. He also talks about how the fatty acids feed the brain.

Hope this helps!