MamaBeartoCharlie Posted February 14, 2017 Report Share Posted February 14, 2017 Received DS's Igenex Western Blot results today. All negative except band 41 which was single + on IgM and ++ on IgG. I searched the forum and read through many interesting older posts, including those from Dr. T as well as other snippets online from Dr. Charles Ray Jones. Much of the information is now many years old, and it looks like IGenex used to asterisk band 41 but according to their own information these positives for band 41 are not indicative of Lyme. I understand it could be other flagellated bacteria causing the postive as the band isn't Lyme specific, but what else then would it be? The info online seems conflicting as to whether this result suggest Lyme or is the type of postive most people tested would have. Scares me a little reading positives for band 41 with no other bands have turned postive with treatment, or that people with these results have gone on to test postive via urine. We did 8 weeks of Zithromax which did little to help and just created GI symptoms and lots of mood problems and rage (herx?). Tried Biocidin for approximately 8 weeks as well, also seemed to cause rage and mood issues. Currently DS is off of all meds and supplements for a reset. Whole house is sick and he was slipping last week but has had a remarkable improvement since we started giving him pomegranate/tart cherry juice (totally by fluke but apparently both fruits target inflammation and particularly brain inflammation!). MD prescribed Keflex at a high dose - 80 mg/kg - soo 2000 mg for our 56lb six year old. We knew the Lyme results would be coming back today or tomorrow so decided to wait to start the Keflex as he seems to Be much better since Friday (although far from healed as he still tics - just not nearly as frequently and he smiles a lot more now 😊). Would be curious to know if anyone has more recent information on band 41 only positive results. Unsure about the right next move - further testing? Try the Keflex just to see if he responds as the MD has suggested? I'm afraid to make things worse as we want to take both kids to Disney in a month for the first time. We all really need some quality together time in the sun! He's manageable right now - for today anyway! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now