ACN Latitudes Forums

Growth spurt triggers?

Broo100

Hi everyone, my son, 14, has been doing quite well but he has been going through a huge growth spurt since the summer. He has been tic-ing quite a bit and does not seem to have any infections. These tics don't seem to be accompanied with any stress or anxiety. Just blinking and head jerking but does not seem to bother him. I wonder if the growth spurt itself could be inflammatory. Any thoughts?

Yes, though it's difficult to separate cause and effect, definitively. Puberty + time + successful interventions (abx and supplements) + therapy, etc. I just know that our DS had the worst exacerbation of his life at 12, right as puberty began to rear its head.

My 14 yr old son has been Lyme free, tic free and med free for several years. This spring, he got braces, and his eye blink came back. It doesn't bother him, it isn't obvious unless you look for it, and he's fine in every other way. So I've left it alone. I'm hoping it goes away when he gets the braces off in a few months. Our LLMD feels that the braces may be putting pressure on facial nerves. So if your son has braces, maybe that's a factor?