ACN Latitudes Forums

Why does changing antibiotics help?

Plum99

Could there be a reason why every time my daughter's antibiotic is changed, she improves for a while, until eventually they just kind of stop working? Then changing again makes her improve again? Stopping still causes regression, but she can't possibly just change antibiotics forever? Have other people experienced this? She has taken Keflex, penicillin, Zithromax, penicillin again, clindamycin, augmentin.

Are you dealing with Lyme?

This seems typical of Lyme. Antibiotics help, and then cause Lyme cysts and stops the response. and then a different antibiotic, which works differently would do the same.

Lyme treatment involves changing antibiotics every 30 days or so for this very reason.

Wow, I'm dumb. I don't know why I didn't know (or forgot) that. Clearly I am resistant to wanting to be dealing with Lyme, since I have been hearing that it sounds like Lyme for months now. Three weeks to a month would be close to how long we'd last on one antibiotic too. Thank you. Sorry to ask an obvious question.

With Lyme even while on antibiotics you might be able to pick up on a die off cycle. Lyme likes to replicate every 28 days and perhaps why you are noting a surge in symptoms every three weeks to a month.

Bartonella has a 7 to 10 day cycle. Babesia has less than a weekly cycle. A flair in symptoms heading into and out of full moon cycle: 2 days prior to and post can indicate parasites. Unfortunately, Babesia and Bartonella are technically classified as inner blood cell parasites so sometimes hard to determine which parasite: worms, flukes, bartonella, babesia, etc.

I would document on a calendar any days that symptoms seem unusually increased: for us mood liability or rages were a good maker.