ACN Latitudes Forums

Blood tests

Plum99

My daughter has had reduced symptoms with each blood test she has had (except one) over the past 6 months. It was strange to see after the first time it happened, but now I have seen it so many times, its unmistakeable. I did a search and saw that other people have seen the same in their children, but I didn't see any ideas as to why this might be. Does anyone know? The people drawing blood always talk about how easy it is to get blood from her, how she has "good veins", a good flow, etc. The second the blood starts being drawn, she's calm, and it usually lasts for the rest of the day. What is this?

• 3 weeks later...

I really haven't a clue, the only theory that I can come up (aside from the usual "it's psychological", which is always possible but doesn't explain why blood tests particularly) is that drawing off some blood literally relieves the pressure! (inflammation etc.) But then, I've also heard that it's a pretty quick process for blood pressure to be restored after some has been lost, so I'm not sure that it would make sense for the effect to last all day. (Although it might - there might be something more complicated going on, like maybe the drop in blood pressure triggers some other chemical shift which takes longer to revert when the pressure goes back to normal.) Can anyone else come up with anything? I'm very curious.

Incidentally what you said about it being really easy to get blood from your daughter rang a bell with me because my doctor says that about me, too. But I don't know whether the same aplies to other people. Do other people's kids (especially ones who have that reaction to blood tests) have that, or not?

Edited by Wombat140