ACN Latitudes Forums

Most Reliable Supplement Brands

Hi everyone

So last month I went to see a doctor who follows William Walsh's research. I got the results of my blood tests (zinc, copper, histamine, pyrolles among others) yesterday and it seems the only thing that really stands out is an elevated pyrolle level (my count is 57 - according to my doctor normal level is between 5 and 10). I've been instructed to take the following:

Vitamin C (1000mg twice daily)

Magnesium citrate (500mg)

Vitamin B6 (400mg)

P5P (60mg)

Vitamin E, mixed tocopherol version (400 IU twice daily)

Evening Primrose Oil (500mg)

Zinc Picolinate or citrate (60mg)

Manganese, as gluconate (25mg)

Biotin (2000mg)

Really excited to start this regime, but first I need to figure out who I'm going to buy them from. I keep reading lots of stuff about particular brands being tested and discovered not to contain the advertised ingredients, or to contain the ingredients but not in the advertised amounts. With the hundreds of supplement companies out there and the less intensive regulations they're subject to it's really hard to know who I can trust. I've tried looking at reviews and finding websites listing the ones with Good Manufacturing Practice certifications (which I found out about today along with a bunch of other terms I don't really understand) but the whole process is such a confusing muddle!

I was wondering whether anyone could give me any advice on which supplement manufacturers can be most trusted for accuracy?

One website I've discovered which looks like it could be useful is www.labdoor.com, which says that it runs independent tests on supplements bought in shops and publishes the results (I say 'says' because ultimately I don't know how much I can trust the accuracy of their own tests). I'm a little discouraged by the fact that it seems most brands have at least one product with quite a noticeable discrepancy. Things like zinc, magnesium, B6 and vitamin C tend to test fine, but Vitamin D freqently seems to come up around 30% more or less than the dose stated on the label.

It all seems like a confusing, tangled maze - an additional frustrating complication for those of us already tasked with moving our own mountains on our quest for health.

Hi everyone

So last month I went to see a doctor who follows William Walsh's research. I got the results of my blood tests (zinc, copper, histamine, pyrolles among others) yesterday and it seems the only thing that really stands out is an elevated pyrolle level (my count is 57 - according to my doctor normal level is between 5 and 10). I've been instructed to take the following:

Vitamin C (1000mg twice daily)

Magnesium citrate (500mg)

Vitamin B6 (400mg)

P5P (60mg)

Vitamin E, mixed tocopherol version (400 IU twice daily)

Evening Primrose Oil (500mg)

Zinc Picolinate or citrate (60mg)

Manganese, as gluconate (25mg)

Biotin (2000mg)

Really excited to start this regime, but first I need to figure out who I'm going to buy them from. I keep reading lots of stuff about particular brands being tested and discovered not to contain the advertised ingredients, or to contain the ingredients but not in the advertised amounts. With the hundreds of supplement companies out there and the less intensive regulations they're subject to it's really hard to know who I can trust. I've tried looking at reviews and finding websites listing the ones with Good Manufacturing Practice certifications (which I found out about today along with a bunch of other terms I don't really understand) but the whole process is such a confusing muddle!

I was wondering whether anyone could give me any advice on which supplement manufacturers can be most trusted for accuracy?

One website I've discovered which looks like it could be useful is www.labdoor.com, which says that it runs independent tests on supplements bought in shops and publishes the results (I say 'says' because ultimately I don't know how much I can trust the accuracy of their own tests). I'm a little discouraged by the fact that it seems most brands have at least one product with quite a noticeable discrepancy. Things like zinc, magnesium, B6 and vitamin C tend to test fine, but Vitamin D freqently seems to come up around 30% more or less than the dose stated on the label.

It all seems like a confusing, tangled maze - an additional frustrating complication for those of us already tasked with moving our own mountains on our quest for health.

check the following link

http://www.anh-usa.org/an-update-on-our-recommended-supplement-companies/

My son takes a lot of supplements which are from Pure Encapsulations