ACN Latitudes Forums

Allergy medication and reactions / general thoughts?

Hi there, have been following these forums for a few months and they have been a great help.

My 5 year old son has recently been diagnosed with "transient tic" at this stage (but I think it will be TS).

Over the years, looking back, annually he had a blinking tic or sniffing tic. Each time we treated with either allergy eye drops of allergy nasal spray - Avamys to be exact.

The tics seemed to stop after a little bit and we put it down to allergies.

He also had a dry cough tic, which he was treated for asthma (singulair, which we have now taken off since we learned about the shocking side effects). We now put this down to being a tic.

3 months ago when this all "blew up" our son had a very bad eye blinking tic and then started a sniff/grunt/cough tic. These have since gone away, some lasting longer than others and now he is doing a mild "deep breate in" tic and a nose scrunching tic.

I was beside myself toward the start of all this but as his tics lessen, it seems to be easier to deal with and think strategically about how to treat, rather than throwing random things at "it".

We have seen a bio-chemist / naturopath (we are in Australia, I believe this is equivelant to an integrative doctor in the US...) and we went and did doctors-data whole blood minerals, a Faecal Microbiology test and the Genova CardioION Profile which included organic acids test from my understanding.

The results showed "extreme significance" on the "Intestinal Yeasts / Fungal Metabolites" test (so basically its Candida). We are treating with Korolex.

The Faecal test showed E.coli undergrowth - treating with Lactobacillus.

Also doing a compound formula for the many minerals, acids, etc the ION profile found. This includes Vitamin A, C, D, E, K, Thiamin (B1), b-Carotene, Riboflavin (B2), Niacin (B3), Pyridoxine (B6), Folic Acid (or 5-Methyl-THF), Vitamin B12, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid (B5), Calcium Citrate, Iodine, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Manganese, Chromium, Molybdenum, Boron.

He was also found to have very low Ferritin levels (Iron store deficient), which may be the reason for irritability, tiredness.

We haven't yet started any of these supplements, but have for the last 4-6 weeks have been trying Magnesium baths / foot rubs and just started a drop of vetiver on a toe at night. We have also changed his diet quite a bit (low MSG, low artificial colours, low dairy, etc) but haven't cut EVERYTHING out.

We are encouraged by the progress prior to supplements, etc.

The past 2 weeks however, he (and his sister) have been sick / very congested. Our son has previously had allergy testing and tested positive to rye grass and dust mites. I am wondering if his allergies that he clearly has, may actually be causing a coughing tic, as when he is extremely congested of late, it almost sounds as though it causes the couch after a big sniff attempt, if that makes sense?

- Has anybody used Avamys nasal spray for allergies - we are affraid to use it at the moment as it contains fluticasone (steroid). But, I would like to use it on the other hand to see if it can clear his allergies (extreme upon waking in morning, so thinking dust mites - treating with a new HEPA filter and humidifier).

Any thoughts or comments about our sons story would be great to hear.

Also, if you have any positive (or negative) stories on Avamys (fluticasone)

Thanks for reading...