ACN Latitudes Forums

Philadelphia Area Doctors that believe in PANDAS/ PANS

I am new to this forum. My child was quickly diagnosed with "that must be PANDAS" because of his sudden onset of OCD. The doctor told me I should research it, even though I had been suspecting child had something like that for years. He would go through periods where he would have extreme OCD but then it would subside. This time it didn't subside and was much worse than any other time. He had strep titres done but they were negative. He was still treated with antibiotics throughout the summer. He seemed to get somewhat better, his OCD was not nearly as bad. The separation anxiety never got any better. No after being off of the antibiotics he seems to have developed tics again, constantly moving neck and clearing his throat. I want to take him back to his pediatrician but since he hasn't tested positive for strep again and his titres are low, I don't know what to ask the doctor to do. I feel as though he probably has PANS but not sure if the doctor will only focus on strep. Should I ask him for other blood tests? Should I ask for a referral to a neurologist? Everything I find on the forum here about doctors in the Philadelphia area is from quite a few years ago and I was wondering if there was any new information regarding doctors in this area. I was thinking about asking for a referral to Agustin Legido at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children. Was just hoping for some other input before looking for a doctor. Thank you!

• 1 month later...