ACN Latitudes Forums

Take a little break....and give some (fun) feedback

So, I am going to mix things up a little bit here. A very slight left turn from our daily lives of managing life here in the (sometimes dark) quagmire....I am wondering if any of you would take a few minutes to read a blog style chronicle (blonicle is my made up word!) that I am encouraging one of my dearest friends to think about completing...and publishing in some format. Anyway, I think it is an engaging, sometimes frustrating, sometimes sad and often times funny depiction of one family's attempt to get help for their child....which I know that all of us can relate to. There are 32 "blonicle" entries, make sure to start with number 1 and post feedback here.

One more thing, I feel like I should tell you the end of this *story*, before I ask you to read the beginning. The child, "Dora" in this story is a real life wonderful girl, living a real life parallel world very similar to all of ours here....and with the very same diagnosis our children have, so I promise there is more than just a little common ground here. That said, maybe I am blinded by the love and respect I have for my dear friend, but every time I re-read these entries I love the story almost more than I did when I read it the first time and I beg for her to write more. It reads more like a beach read, but with surprising depth and feeling.....which is both ironic and inspiring!!

I am so anxious to get feedback from any of you, even just one of you? And feel free to share the link with others too, especially for any parent that has struggled with seeing gradual changes and questioned whether or not this disease is possible with the "acute and overnight onset".....I think we all know the answer to that question. ; )

Enjoy it (I really guarantee that you will!),

READ ME HERE!

Kristi

Wow! I am on the 5th entry and I'm completely blown away. This is the kind of thing I've long thought of writing but never did. I could not have done it so brilliantly! The writer is a gifted story teller. I know what's coming and have lived through a similar and yet I can't wait to get back to reading. Thank you so much for sharing. I'm going to binge read more entries.

Wow! I am on the 5th entry and I'm completely blown away. This is the kind of thing I've long thought of writing but never did. I could not have done it so brilliantly! The writer is a gifted story teller. I know what's coming and have lived through a similar ###### and yet I can't wait to get back to reading. Thank you so much for sharing. I'm going to binge read more entries.

Right? Thank you for taking the time to get started.... I can't think of anyone that would regret reading it, and it excites me to get this feedback because it kind of makes me feel like I am getting to read it all over again for the first time!!! It brings to much light to this screwed up little foxhole....

I knew it!! It is just miraculous that people can feel her words!

For anyone that has liked it, and has become hooked (yep, you ibcdwc!) make sure to sign up on the blog post itself for notifications. When an alert for a new post hits my inbox it feels like Christmas! I will also come "here" and post an alert...

Thank you so much to each of you for taking the time to read it - and to give feedback. I know it breathes life into her plight to share her experience with others. It is also good therapy and inspiration - for all of us!

Kristi