ACN Latitudes Forums

Candida overgrowth question

dreamsooz

Hello everybody !

I'm so glad I found this forum and i've been researching about the candida overgrowth for the past week. I had a couple of question about the die-off reaction that people have when they start taking natural medication or Nystatin. I suspect my tics could be caused or increased because of this. My tics started to appear when I was in college after I had a huge yeast infection on my skin. Anxiety followed, chronic sleep, ocd etc. I also hae yeast infection down there that started happening a lot. I never had tics before, and it's only simple motor tics since it appeared (3 years now).

I will be starting to take caprylic acid soon but i'm pretty scared of the die-off. I know it will probably make my current tics worse for a while, but i'm scared that it'll make new ones appear like vocal tics or more complex motor tics and that they won't ever go away (basically i'm scared of making my condition much worse than it is now forever).

For people that went through it, do the new tics (if new one appeared) disappear after or did they stay ?

After how many weeks/months did you see a decreased in current tics ?

Thank you everyone !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dreamsooz, Welcome to the Forums and I'm so sorry to have missed this post from you!

I can answer your question based on feedback we have received from parents.

In general it should improve your tics, and if started at a low dose it may not cause a big increase in tics. It does seem that you are moving in the right direction with this effort given your history. Did you start your treatment?

Can you tell us how you are doing? Are you adjusting your diet along the lines of an anti-candida approach also? I hope things are improving for you. A systemic yeast infection can cause so many issues. You should feel much better after addressing it.