ACN Latitudes Forums

I'm new here - layered issues + now impetigo

Hi there everyone,

I'm not even sure where to being... new here, first post, but I've been reading for awhile. And have read the Natural Treatments book with helped a lot in the beginning of summer....

I'm posting in the PANS forum because my 9 year old daughter had an infection that potentially started all of this back in February.... bad tummy bug, sick for weeks. Ended up in the ER. Never a diagnosis of what that was -- and she missed and additional 15 days of school after that week... intermittently. I remember "that day" -- when my high energy, extrovert, fearless child asked me to check to see if the doors were locked and if I would go check them... What's THAT? Suddenly paranoid her teacher hated her, was afraid of her...said she would lay down and night have have scary thoughts + anxiety. Just totally not her.

I know as a mom who wants to figure this out I could be reaching -- maybe she was just sick. And maybe her gut issues have brought on neurotrasmitter imbalance. Candida IS an issue. She has had tummy issues for a long time. Off wheat since 5. C-section baby. She has had strep A several times, strep g a few times... BUT this last bug seems to be the culprit for the onset of tics and anxiety. . More gut issues, sensitivity to foods, chemicals, dyes, TV -- all erupted after this virus. But anxiety onset was notable and marked with the anxiety.

I'm a bit of a basket case trying to figure out what her triggers are... I've cut so much food out. Had her tested for delayed food sensitivity a month ago which tightened her up even more... the diet her symptoms better -- less ticcing, less neck stretching... when off sugars, carbs, grains...

She is on Lauricidin since June, Vitamin C and Magnesim, Megaspore since August per her doc... I recently added Biocin back in... in because it appears to help. I added a broad spectrum probiotic and this was NOT a good thing... I'm worried she's got d-lactate issues in addition to all of this. 2 days on that and a new eye roll came on board. I worry I overdosed her on probiotics during the sickness in February and beyond... she ate tons of yogurt everyday (that was home made) plus I was looking for a probiotic to help her with constipation... yes it had the strep stain (is that an issue?)

Really at a loss.... feeling so out of control and as you all know, so hard on her.

Now for the past month she's had a rash under her nose -- her docs office thought "oh just yeast detoxing"... ok -- well after messing around with this and that cream, colloidal silver, it appears that it's impetigo. Reading now there is a correlation. The walkin doc gave us bactroban -- and Keflex if it doesn't clear up by Saturday.

Freaking out, and I'm sitting on this script -- thinking omg maybe she SHOULD be on this? Her tummy has been so bad and finally although she's ticcing -- she isn't suffering as much in her tummy with the strict diet and supps.

Of course -- no one to talk to. So finally getting on here. I need to find a doctor somewhere that can help us out, do the right testing. I'm plugged in for food allergies and neurotransmitter testing which I'll do NT tomorrow morning...

Thank you in advance -- I appreciate this place more than I can say.

Hi there everyone,

I'm not even sure where to being... new here, first post, but I've been reading for awhile. And have read the Natural Treatments book with helped a lot in the beginning of summer....

I'm posting in the PANS forum because my 9 year old daughter had an infection that potentially started all of this back in February.... bad tummy bug, sick for weeks. Ended up in the ER. Never a diagnosis of what that was -- and she missed and additional 15 days of school after that week... intermittently. I remember "that day" -- when my high energy, extrovert, fearless child asked me to check to see if the doors were locked and if I would go check them... What's THAT? Suddenly paranoid her teacher hated her, was afraid of her...said she would lay down and night have have scary thoughts + anxiety. Just totally not her.

I know as a mom who wants to figure this out I could be reaching -- maybe she was just sick. And maybe her gut issues have brought on neurotrasmitter imbalance. Candida IS an issue. She has had tummy issues for a long time. Off wheat since 5. C-section baby. She has had strep A several times, strep g a few times... BUT this last bug seems to be the culprit for the onset of tics and anxiety. . More gut issues, sensitivity to foods, chemicals, dyes, TV -- all erupted after this virus. But anxiety onset was notable and marked with the anxiety.

I'm a bit of a basket case trying to figure out what her triggers are... I've cut so much food out. Had her tested for delayed food sensitivity a month ago which tightened her up even more... the diet her symptoms better -- less ticcing, less neck stretching... when off sugars, carbs, grains...

She is on Lauricidin since June, Vitamin C and Magnesim, Megaspore since August per her doc... I recently added Biocin back in... in because it appears to help. I added a broad spectrum probiotic and this was NOT a good thing... I'm worried she's got d-lactate issues in addition to all of this. 2 days on that and a new eye roll came on board. I worry I overdosed her on probiotics during the sickness in February and beyond... she ate tons of yogurt everyday (that was home made) plus I was looking for a probiotic to help her with constipation... yes it had the strep stain (is that an issue?)

Really at a loss.... feeling so out of control and as you all know, so hard on her.

Now for the past month she's had a rash under her nose -- her docs office thought "oh just yeast detoxing"... ok -- well after messing around with this and that cream, colloidal silver, it appears that it's impetigo. Reading now there is a correlation. The walkin doc gave us bactroban -- and Keflex if it doesn't clear up by Saturday.

Freaking out, and I'm sitting on this script -- thinking omg maybe she SHOULD be on this? Her tummy has been so bad and finally although she's ticcing -- she isn't suffering as much in her tummy with the strict diet and supps.

Of course -- no one to talk to. So finally getting on here. I need to find a doctor somewhere that can help us out, do the right testing. I'm plugged in for food allergies and neurotransmitter testing which I'll do NT tomorrow morning...

Thank you in advance -- I appreciate this place more than I can say.

I get the D Lactate concern. I gave too much pro biotics i feel to my son as well during the high anti biotic phase and he got an over growth of acidophilis in small intestines so for six months we gave pro biotic w NO acidophilis. Now back to giving Mega spore. That stuff is strong and our ND doc wants him only on 1/4 pill a day.I also give a few more brands with different strains. He is 12. You seem to have the diet down good and it seems that she has PANS with Dybioses possibly from candida. You can't really test 100% for Lyme's or co infections bc there is no definitive test out there. The 23&Me test helped us with the Methyl piece for sure and the Organic Urine test helped see the status of his gut. His immunologist does NOT support ANY of those tests. She laughed at the Igenx of course. Its SOOOO crazy. My heart goes out to you because you seem like a doer. I am and I am being forced to wait between treatments and I must say I am finally seeing some progress. Immune doc says Candida and Dysbioses takes many months to treat. I am NOT a doctor but her symptoms are similar to ours and that's a piece of our diagnoses. We have a top Immunologist working on that piece who believes the antibiotic use is necessary but over used in the PANS world. I feel like we have no choice half the time!! The children are suffering !! Our ND wants to treat him more for BART bc he feels that the Neuro stuff is most often microbial or parasitic. My son also would get little impetigo patches on his face often. Also belly aches and yes the exact same fear presentation. "lock the doors.....the teacher hates me and wants to eat me" What??? He was an overly independent confident kid with straight A's. This hit when he was 9 and we have NOT be back to school since. New Immunologist feels that Tinidzidol and diflucan cycles spread out will gradually heal the gut along with NO dairy or Gluten and that will be the answer. She feels It all stems from the gut. Innate immune responses she calls it. The ND still feels its Bartinella as well but we are waiting it out and giving herbs for that just in case and stopped all anti B for now except these once a month Tinizidol/Diflucan rounds (NOT given together). Again, I am not a doctor and this is only our protocol and every child is very different. Hang in there. Our son is less afraid now but the chronic fatigue remains. He did NOT tic but our older son did. Super low- low liquid Zoloft helped us. 4MG. PLus Stephan Buhner herb protocol for Bart as well. Also doing lots of Detox like Pinella/Burber chlorella and charcoal. God Bless!!! You sound strong and seems like you are doing the best you can.I spend many days in prayer to get me through. :)