ACN Latitudes Forums

Help-Pls recommend a potassium that is bioavaible!

My son's chiropractor suspects my son may be low in potassium and he recommended 100mg a day.

Does anyone know of a good source or potassium? I did a search, there are so many variation, like choride, citrate...??? :P

Thx for your help!

Patty

Hi Patty,

Why does the chiro think your son needs extra pottasium? Could he recommend one? My mother recently had a blood test that showed she needed that and was given a prescription potassium by her doc. Could you just ask the clerk at your vitamin shop what is a good one to try?

P.S. How did you make out with the water you were inquiring about? Did you start using the magnesium type water you were mentioning? We are using alkaline water for my son, and from the reading I've done on it, I feel its a good thing for him.

Faith

Patty,

My son came up low sodium/potassium, in his hair analysis. His Dr.underlined adrenal as the cause. Her note said to eat more protein. He seems to have an impaired electrical balence within the cells. I don't understand how this all works but the ratio indicates a loss of potassium into the interstitial spaces as cells are distroyed.

He was also to eat less sugar and carbohydrates. I guess this pattern could be from his allergies, and stress.

I do limit the carbs, and the sugar is very small. (as honey) I'm counting on the raw milk to repair the cells.

He was not listed as extreme, but severe. She did not note any supps for this just more protein.

The tissue analysis has us to balence this with diet, supps, lifestyle and detoxification.

Hope that was helpful to you, I myself don't get some of this ratio stuff.

God Bless,

C.P.

Faith,

My son's chirop suspects potassium deficiency because when i added Calcium along with Magnesium for my son, he had a slight increase in symptoms (my son has been on Kids Calm for about 3 mos, 85mg a day, splited into 2x/day). Also, my son loves banana and eats one a day. He even ask for it if i don't give it to him.

According to my son's chirop, kids eat what their body needs. If the kids' body is deficient in a particular vitamin or minerals, they will look for food that fullfilled what they need. Also, potassium is another vital mineral for muscle control & movement.

One more thing, my son's chirop does not think the increased in symptom is due to the wax & wane cycle. He thinks it has to do with what my son's body is reacting to. Therefore, he doesn't think he is calcium deficient.

Anyways, my son's chirop suggests to do muscle test for my son's supplements to determine which supplement to give him.

Faith, do you know what form of potassium is your mom taking? Thx for the info.

Patty

Patty,

My mom's prescription just says on the vial "Potassium CL" 20 mg. (I am just guessing that is potassium chloride?)

And my son gets potassium in his liquid mineral kit by Body Bio (given by our naturo to replace minerals that could be lost with chelation-we use a gentle natural product called Metal Free). It says on the bottle "contains potassium phosphate" in an aqueous (water?) solution." (dose is 40 mg.). (its drops I put in his juice along with other of the trace minerals).

Hope this helps. Also, let me know if you have started any of the water you were mentioning. I'd be interested to know.

Faith

Faith,

Thx for the info. on potassium.

I was researching on which water filter is best for my son & family and decided on keep using the carbon filter made by Brita. I know we have hard water, so it has more minerals. RO filter filters out everything and i am concerned about not getting enough minerals via food. So for bottle water, we drink RO (aquafina). I kinda want to balance everything off. Just noticed that Costco bottle water is also RO.

There is so much info out there. I finally just decided to just do the best i can and not put too much into it. As my son is also doing alot better too.

Patty