ACN Latitudes Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I cannot find a doctor anywhere in SoCal to begin the PANS/PANDAS diagnosis process for my 11 yr. old son. I live in Ventura and can travel if needed. Please, can anyone recommend/ refer someone to help us? So very much appreciated. Thank you in advance <3

• 3 months later...
On 10/18/2016 at 11:44 AM, SuzanneR said:

I would also like the list of Southern California docs mentioned. Do you know if any of them treat adults (my child is 19)?

Hi! My daughter is also 19 and I too am looking for a Los Angeles/Southern California doctor who understands PANDAS, which I suspect she has. Can anyone direct me? All I'm finding is Dr. Jory Goodman (psychiatrist) who has such horrific reviews I am terrified to even go see him with my sensitive daughter. I'd love a general practitioner or immunologist who can help ...

THANK YOU in advance :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am also looking for a list of Southern CA PANS doctors. We're on our 3rd inpatient psychiatric hospitalization for my 10 year old. Just keep being bumped from medical to psychiatric teams with no one sure what to do, and nothing has worked on either end (steroids were the most effective but then tapped out after 6 months). Two rounds of rituxemab did nothing. And the psych meds barely slow the compulsive tics, which include horrible self-injurious behaviors. If anyone can PM me some suggested doctors, I'd be so grateful. Traveling is almost impossible, even when he gets out of the hospital next week. TIA.