ACN Latitudes Forums

Back to square one

Hello.

I'm back to square one with my son's tics. This past Saturday he began to tic from his upper torso almost as if he had hiccups then he would bend over and complain that his penis hurt. This same type tic happend a couple of years ago at which time my son came back positive with strep. My son did have a strep infection two weeks ago but the tic started ten days after the strep infection. We had a strep culture done and that came back normal. So now or doctor is sending us back to a neurologist who two years ago did not provide much help. I'm so distressed and and don't know where to turn now that I feel like we have gotten no where with the doctors. Any suggestions what I should do now. Thankfully our pediatrician seems to be open to my suggestions.

Same thing , My son recently got the tics after strep and it were pretty bad . During strep he was given 5 days of antibiotics and there were no Tics. After 4/5 days of antibiotics Tics started and noone was able to help. Some how after 15 days i put back antibiotics ( zithromax) while he was still ticcing for his sinus infction and from second day Tics vanished. I continued the antibiotic for 10 days instead of 5 and after finishing those saw very mild tic return and right now he's in the process of healing back ( keeping my fingers crossed) . All the credit goes to people on this board who gave me enough knowledge to work on my son's case like Multivitamins , triggers , allergy and other stuff so i can speed up his recovery.

Don't give up, I just got back from taking my son to the Dr. As usual, he just said "he is fine, kids grow out of it". I realized months ago that I need to take things into my own hands and leave the rest up to God. I prayer every day that He won't give me more problems then I can handle. So far I feel He hasn't.

I would have never known what type of Mag to give him, that L-carnatine and Taurine was what he should have, or that I needed to get a IgG food test done if it wasn't for the wonderful people on this forum. Now we know we were practically poisoning our boy with eggs and soy. This is a journey, mine has only been one year, others have been probably 10 plus and others are just starting.

Lenny