ACN Latitudes Forums

Success Story

I had read in another post somewhere that people have success, never come back to talk about it. I would like to share my story...

My son started with a head tic in March of 2015. He had it multiple times a day, every day, with no breaks. This continued until October of 2015, when he began with a vocal tic that sounded like a grunt. Now he had both motor and vocal. This noise was also continuous. The doctor told me to try a probiotic called VSL #3 and counseling (we had lost 3 close relatives in the span of 3 months). By December, it was very tiring to watch, as he would have so many head tics per minute. I was so scared! I got the book Natural Treatments and began with Natural Calm every day. We also tried essential oils.

At the end of December, he went for an eye appointment. I told the optometrist what was going on with the noise and the head nod. He suggested trying glasses, as my son had a very slight astigmatism. He said normally he would not give glasses to someone with such a small astigmatism, but he wanted to try it. I have to tell you, after constant noise since October, over the next three days the noise decreased and finally went away. I have not heard it since!

We were still giving him the magnesium, as he continued with the head tic. One January 15, 2016, he had his final head tic (so far). He has not had a motor tic since that day! We are going on five months without the vocal noise and four months without any motor tic!

We have also started seeing a naturopathic doctor who tested him for allergies and completed a stool sample. She found he was sensitive to multiple items, which have been eliminated from his diet. His stool sample also showed he had the strep bacteria in his GI tract. He has never had strep throat! He is being treated with natural supplements for the strep and she also has him on other supplements to support his GI tract.

I am hoping he is on the road to recovery. I still worry every day that his tics will come back and that this is just his "waning" period but am hopeful since it has been so many months. I am so thankful for this site and the hope they gave me to look for answers and not just accept the inevitable. Thank you for your help!

Please keep us in your thoughts and pray this is the right past for my son.