ACN Latitudes Forums

No idea what to do with my tics

Hello, let me explain shortly my problem. I'am 29 old men. I tried lot of pills, but without any positive effects. About three months ago I've bought Sheila Rogers book and started to find a possible triggers. I eliminated dairy products, but I didn't see effects.

I'm taking also magnesium malate , but there is no effect. Should I change it for Natural Calm?.

I also read that wheat is the one of the common triggers, so I'm thinking about do the blood test for wheat allergy? Does anyone done this test?

I also get married january next year, so I have pressure to reduce my tics and I think this can also increase my tics now.

I don't know what I can do more now, maybe You have got some advices?

Hello karol-dr, Thank you for your post. And congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

I'm glad you have our book, and hopefully it will give you some good ideas of things to try.

Do you live in the USA? I'm asking because different food tests are done in different areas.

If you want to know for sure about wheat without a test, the best thing would be to eliminate it totally from your diet for 10 days or so, and then eat a significant amount of wheat products, watching for a reaction. For people with serious allergies, they do this "challenge" in a doctor's office in case there is a major reaction.)

Some people use a standard blood test for gluten, but even if the results are negative it doesn't mean that gluten or wheat might not be troublesome.

I'm wondering since you are an adult who has been dealing with this for a while -- have you ever noticed anything that makes your tics worse, besides stress or fatigue? Certain foods, personal products like cologne, driving in a car, etc?

Hello Sheila

Thank You for reply. No, I'm not from USA, I'm from Poland, so I found only food detective (elisa method) test.

About four month ago I've done hair analysis test. It is strange, because it showed that I have a lot of mineral and vitamin deficiencies. I spent lot of money and bought vitamins for three monthly suplementation program, but after that three months I didn't see any effect.

I read that natural calm magnesium has got a lot of positive comments. Now I'm taking mangesium malate, but nothing happen. Maybe should I change it?

I thought about Your question, whether they are other triggers which can increase my tics besides stress and fatigue but nothing noticed.

I think stress is my mainly reason, because I've noticed that in high school my tics was nearly zero, but there wasn't stress too much. Now the adult life is different.

I want to try that trial 10 days no-gluten diet, but I think so it can be very hard to avoid products with gluten, because it is almost everywhere.

Gluten-free diet: if you want to give it a try, I've tried it myself and it's not actually as hard as it looks once you understand a few of the tricks.

Bread and pasta are the main things you definitely have to find replacements for. If it's only for 10 days to start with, maybe you could just do without those for the 10 days, until you see whether it's helping or not? One thing to remember is that rice doesn't have gluten and neither do potatoes, and you can buy rice cakes (useful instead of bread, as they're easier to get than proper gluten-free bread) and rice noodles, though check the ingredients list on the label to make sure they don't have wheat in them as well as rice.

And of course, foods that don't involve any grain won't have gluten, so vegetables, fruit, eggs, milk and cheese, meat etc. are all safe (that is, if you buy them plain and uncooked. If they're processed in some way, e.g. pre-cooked or with a sauce, you need to check the ingredients, but you'll often find it's OK.) It's not true that it's in "everything". It might seem like it at first, but check ingredients lists and you'll be surprised. Hope this is useful. By the way, there's a section in this forum for discussion of special diets ("Diet and Gastrointestinal Issues"), you might find some useful previous postings there if you decide to try the gluten-free diet - look further down the main index page and you'll find it.

Edited by Wombat140

• 1 month later...

Sorry for my late answer but I was unavailable.

@chemar

I taken about 300mg magnesium malate before, which can be not enough? Now I do not take anything .
I decided to buy a 200mg magnesium citrate and take it twice daily. Do You think it will be ok?

About my tics. I have my tics since child.Now I'm 29 years old. Few years ago I went to doctor and he told me that I don't have tourette, but chronic tics.
Generally I have only motor tics. Sometimes I observed a very quite vocal tics.

@Wombat

I decided to buy a blood food intolerance test called food detective and check all the mainly alergens. Did anynone try this test?

Regards

Charles

Hi karol_dr, Did you get a chance to try the Food Detective blood test and get any results? We haven't had much feedback on it on our forums, though of course many people play "food detective" on their own.

Since you were determined to be low in minerals, as you know, there are a number of types of magnesium supplements. One to consider, which it appears could be ordered from Poland, is a liquid by Carolyn Dean--ReMeg, along with ReMyte for a mineral complex. Can't make any promises, but you might find it useful. See on right side of page for link http://drcarolyndean.com/natural-health-resource/ They are more expensive than some more common types.

Did you give the no-gluten effort a try? Please let us know how you are doing.