ACN Latitudes Forums

appointment w/ Dr H Jyonouchi! quick question?

Had apt with Dr Jyonouchi NJ and she was nice but very difficult to understand. She wants to put DS on diflucan and low dose Zith. Also wants to start him perhaps on Igg therapy but says he must have vaccine first for insurance to pay. Dr B told us to never vaccinate with fragile immune system. UHG. Our son is border line CVID and still has Bartonella. Dr J does NOT believe it's any Lymes of any sort but instead that all inflammation to brain and body is due to immune system malfunction and poor gut flora. We have been working on Bart and Pans for 3 years and currently ramping up Buhner herbs and doing ABART still on 3 days a week on Zith as per Dr T. . His overall immune system has been dropping past few years even though we have been doing so much support . (IgG and IgM) We eat clean and mostly all organic. Anyone have any reaction to this vaccine????

We've been seeing her off and on for years - and very much "on" for the past 2. She collaborates with Duke to implement my sons immune therapy. She does have a heavy accent but you'll get used to it. Plus she takes excellent notes which are accessible via by the portal. You can get appointments relatively quickly and takes all insurance. I love her! We did the vaccine test and had no problem with it. She advocated with our insurance company and got everything covered. She's very smart and I would stick with whatever she recommends! Good luck

We've been seeing her off and on for years - and very much "on" for the past 2. She collaborates with Duke to implement my sons immune therapy. She does have a heavy accent but you'll get used to it. Plus she takes excellent notes which are accessible via by the portal. You can get appointments relatively quickly and takes all insurance. I love her! We did the vaccine test and had no problem with it. She advocated with our insurance company and got everything covered. She's very smart and I would stick with whatever she recommends! Good luck

Thank you. I needed to hear some positive news today. I am not too happy that she doesn't believe in Lymes too much but I have my LLMD so perhaps I will just work with both but separate. LOL

Re- Lyme I know what you mean, my son had it when he was 4 (positive western blot and tell tale bullseye) so I was a bit annoyed that she wrote it off as "over diagnosing". But then I thought about it. Both my husband and older son had classic Lyme (fever, joint aches) but they bounced right back after antibiotics. But something about Bradley's response to it caused his brain to fry. Lyme, combined with the constant ear and strep infections, then mycoplasma pneumonia and allergies, turned his immune system into overdrive. So I began to believe it's not the actual bacteria, it's the body's mistaken response to it. That's basically where dr j is coming from. He's had 2 years of rituximab every 6 months, monthly Ivig, and cellcept daily. He's a new person. He's far from perfect but he's stable and most importantly, happy. Dr j has helped get him there, so I'm a big fan. That said, I totally agree, keep other doctors you like in the mix and follow your gut. Best of luck!

• 4 months later...