ACN Latitudes Forums

Ivig and turning back the pages

Hey everyone!

Just did my IVIG on Tuesday and Wednesday. Those days were bareable as well as Thursday. I'd say maybe even I saw some improvements, but today has been horrible. I feel like I might be dealing with a myco herx. Since my myco p iGG number is very high (1095, with over 320 being positive) I am trying to let myself think that's the cause. I haven't had anxiety this bad since getting sick back in October....

Anybody have any positive stories they can share with me to help me cope with this anxiety? Or any medications to help calm me down. I'm currently on ceftin, Xanax, Advil, and Zofran (nausea) when needed.

Thanks!

Mike B

Hi Mike,

Have you tried all the usual ways to decrease herxing- charcoal, baking soda/ epsom salt bath, apple citrus pectin, etc?

Also, is medical marijuana legal in your state?

Taking Ibuprofen and benadryl every 4-6 hours can also be helpful with IVIG, you should start them as soon as you begin your infusion and continue for 48-72 hours if the IVIG makes you herx a lot.

Those are the things that work best for us.

Ibuprofen works so well for my kids. We did solumedrol a month back and noticed an immediate change but then realized the nurse dosed them up with ibuprofen before to get the IV in.

Have you tried rhodiola?

Another option to consider is if your recent uptick in symptoms are allergy driven.

Hang in there and hope you start feeling better soon.

Edited by dasu