ACN Latitudes Forums

nose bleeds

dd12 was doing great for a while, 4 months off abx but then yesterday she complained of sore throat, could not fall asleep, and her legs (RLS) started acting up. Her flare also came with a nose bleed. We did throat culture for strep just to make sure and are putting her back on Ceftin 250mg x 2 a day.

i want to check with you all if nose bleeds are common for your child's flare. Also, if you have any other comments or suggestions about dd's symptoms, please, let me know.

thanks in advance!

Not sure about nose bleeds. But DD was having problems with spontaneous bruising on her inner arms when she was on certain medications. She started rotating quercetin and bilberry - both contain anthocyanins which strengthen capillaries. She can now take the same meds without any bruising. So while you search for answers, maybe one of these supps can help strengthen the capillaries in the sinuses?

My son's PANDAS doc said nosebleeds can be due to strep or other bacteria colonized in the nose. His turned out to be MRSA. He is having nosebleeds again so we are going to the pediatrician to have swabs done again. He is having one every other day, sometimes multiple times. Am going to look into the sups that llm mentioned!!

PR40...my non-pandas son, was Vit C depleted due to food intolerance issues. He had nosebleeds and his gums bleed until we increased his vit c. (he came up low on vit c on a blood profile). We were not even worried about the gums/nose bleeds ( secondary concern), but pleasantly surprised that both went away when we began supplementing vit c.

your post rung a bell...hope our experience helps....