ACN Latitudes Forums

Positive Strep... Finally

So, after almost 4 years of wondering and doubting the "PANDAS" diagnosis for my DS, we finally have a positive rapid strep...

I have been noticing a terrible flare recently and asked the pediatrician to do a rapid strep. No fever, no symptoms. but the rapid strep came back positive. (of course the whole office thought I was crazy until the test came up positive). Our pediatrician prescribed Omnicef for 10 days. On Augmentin, Ds's behavior improves but after 4-5 days, tics worsen significantly. So, I am not sure what we will see with the Omnicef....

I felt a weird sense of relief and happiness to hear the strep test was positive, I actually cried. I felt like it was confirmation of what I knew in my gut all along despite the nay-sayers. I just hope this Omnicef kicks the strep quickly.

I just wanted to share this experience out there for anyone doubting that PANDAS is real.... because it took me 4 years to really believe it.

Has he not been tested before, or did he just not test positive before? We have never had a positive strep test. My DS finished a course of Augmentin 5 weeks ago and his symptoms resolved but many of them are starting to come back. I'm going to take him in to get checked. Our ped is pandas savvy so she will do a swab for us. Strange thing to say, but congratulations on your positive test!