ACN Latitudes Forums

:unsure: I had a tick stuck in me for over a week. I though it was a mole, but my husband proved me wrong last night. Looks like a female deer tick to me. Is there any way to post a picture to see if you agree? Also, is it correct that not all deer ticks carry lyme disease? Should I not worry? Does not look like a bulls eye rash.

If you saved the tick (body especially) you can take it to your local Vector Control or ID county/city department and they can test it. Or you can ask your MD about a course of antibiotics just in case. I'd try former if possible.

Sorry to hear!!

Tracy

Ticks carry much more than Borrelia. As you are probably know ticks can also carry: Bartonella, Babesia, Mycoplasma and many more infections not even testable at this time. For example, Borrelia Miyamotoi is more predominant in Northern CA than Borrelia Burgdorferi and is not testable at this time.

In my world, the 'Lyme World'..... always treat the bite.

You can send the tick to Igenex as well and have it tested for Borrelia Burgdorferi, Bartonella Henselae, Babesia Ducati and Babesia Microti.

You shouldn't leave this to chance. When my husband had a tick attached a few years ago, we sent it to Igenex for testing. In the meantime, our son's LLMD gave my husband a month of Doxycyclene. When the testing came back, the tick did carry Lyme, but no coinfections, so the Doxy was enough and they gave him an additional month of it just to be sure.

A bullseye rash will tell you if you have Lyme, but doesn't tell you anything about coinfections. Also, lack of the rash doesn't mean no Lyme.

If you wait to see if you get sick, by that time you'll probably face a huge battle to regain your health. Better to just treat the bite while figuring out exactly what the tick was carrying.