ACN Latitudes Forums

Red eyes

My son started with pandas in October while on antibiotics I found a pandas doctor four hours away and he found high clostridium and pseudomonas aeruginosa in stool. When he did the gut specific antibiotics the tics completely went away for the first time since October. We need to retest gut as follow up and because tics have started again. Something that's always on my mind is how red his eyes get. Has anyone else noticed this in their children? I'm wondering if it's the gut bacteria.

My ds gets red eyes. I have long assumed that it is from some germ, like bartonella (which we have suspected, as he has lyme) or possibly toxoplasmosis (random idea) or who knows what.

(Incidentally, he is not on antibiotics right now and I haven't noticed the red eyes since we stopped. I am currently working on a methylation angle that might also lower histamine. He definitely has gut issues at the core of the PANS problem.)

Edited by jan251

Are they red and itchy? My son started getting red eyes before PANS. Allergy testing found him to be allergic to some things. Now that he takes Claritin daily, no more red eyes. I mean so red they almost looked bloody and he was constantly being sent home for pink eye, despite the fact that he never had goopy eyes.

Yes they're itchy but when they tested his eyes he really didn't have eye allergies. So I don't know. It seems that when his symptoms go up so do the red eyes. His issue is clearly gut because when we did the vancomycin it was the only time he was 100% tic free since this started in October.

How would they test his eyes? My son had the skin prick testing at an allergists office that showed allergies to dust/mites, feathers, outdoor mold, tree pollen. My son had tics too, but they were not related to his eye/allergies.

Edited by nicklemama

I need to do that type of allergy testing. When this first started since his tic was the blinking I took him to an optometrist who did some eye strip testing. I need to read more about the testing because he had blood test for environmental allergies at the pediatrician. I'm not sure how good those are. I need to speak to our new doctor about testing him for again with a more accurate test.