ACN Latitudes Forums

What's the best instant relief?

I have been trying diffenent types of antibiotics with no avail and my anxiety/OCD is now at an unmanageable level. What is the best instant relief for this situation? I'm guessing either serious anti anxieties like Valium or maybe setting up a plasma exchange? I currently only have diagnosed high strep and myco p. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sorry to hear you're suffering....I have severe anxiety / OCD too. It's severe enough that I'm on several rx's, one of which is Xanax, which has been a life saver. I can at least now function enough to get to the bottom of what's going on with me. Hope this helps you - please don't be afraid to get psych help, at least in the interim. There's such a stigma that I was afraid to do so, but it ended up being one of the best decisions I could have made. Take care!

Mike Zithromax would take care of both.....However, it needs to be an all above approach. There is no magical single bullet. Long term zith is a good place to start....but treating with probitoics and sach boulardi are huge too. Then eliminatiing potential food triggers or other environmental triggers, controlling inflammation, supplementing with varying vitamins and minerals.

It really needs to be an all encompassing multi-faceted approach to healing.

Have you tried eliminating gluten, casein, soy, corn and sugar, as well as food dyes and preservatives? I know it sounds drastic and difficult, but if foods are a problem for you, these are the most likely suspects and eliminating them all at once could give you some relief. It would also tell you a lot if eliminating these gave you some degree of relief - it would mean you need to work on gut healing. It's something you can do on your own - immediately. Basically, just eat veggies, fruit and lean meat, with maybe some gluten-free substitute pasta or bread (soy-free) for a week or two and see how you feel.

Thanks Kakrpa!

I got Xanax the day after you brought it up and I definitely feel some improvements since taking it.

Worrieddadnmom

I actually tried a Z-pack very early on in my treatment and didn't seen many improvements in mental health. Now that I know I have strep and myco too maybe giving it a little more time (I only did 5 days of it at the time) would help me out.

mama2alex

I don't really think that eating healthier will fix my mycoplasma that much, it might help a little bit but I don't see it changing things completely. If it did for your child that is super awesome, but considering that I am 21 and have eaten unhealthy my whole life and am just now dealing with pandas flair ups for the first time in 15 years I feel like eating healthier wouldn't be crazy beneficial. I might try it though, just because I am running out of options

On another note

I keep reading things about how antibiotics that are meant for treating mycoplasma only stop the multiplication of the disease, but don't actually kill the mycoplasma... If that's the case how does one get the mycoplasma numbers to drop and through that feel a decrease anxiety? Also I am planning on either doing biaxin, doxy, mino, or avelox. What have you guys seen as the most beneficial for treating myco p? Thanks!