ACN Latitudes Forums

Hello old friends

SSS

This is a very special (and sometimes very painful) forum to me.

I stopped in to give prayers/ healing energy/ love to you families.

We have been thru the too, and I am not here to post a

recovery/ out of woods story, but I do want to give some hope.

You must hang in there! Oh yes, I understand. I understand all of it.

Every post written here, I understand.

Moms/ Dads- take care of YOU. Get 'selfish'.

But it's not selfish. It is the only way you'll make it.

Start exercising. Eat better. Carve out your own time. Make your bedroom off limits to children if necessary, like I did.

I've also learned that if I am primary caregiver to a child w/ OCD, mental illness,

well guess what? I absolutely cannot tolerate being anybody else's dumping ground.

If a family/ friend relationship is not serving you, stresses you out, then cut it out. I have. Screw the guilt!

You cannot take care of everybody!

This illness will take the caregiver down. Yes, we are financial blown out too.

It doesn't take extra money to make this happen.

Carve it out. Find an outlet. Do it.

xxoo

Good to hear from you - I was just wondering about you the other day! Sounds like seeing Mick helped you move to a better place emotionally! Not on forum much any more but email me if you have time to catch up. For now, just so glad to hear you're taking care of YOU!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks LLM! We are having a good year :-). Dd10 is flourishing in her 5th grade class this year.

Cleopatra, we certainly have had separation anxiety as part of our 5-6 year journey thru PANDAS/PANS.

The line is faint at times for sure between helping and enabling/ PANS in control or helping to break patterns.

My kids have all slept in their own beds/ rooms for years, we were always firm here for adequate sleep and, frankly, my marriage is important to me.

That does not mean we haven't spent our own time in he!! w/ our PANS child w/ sleep issues in the beginning.

But I do need a retreat where barging in assuming my time without asking isn't okay-

and me walking out the door for 40 minute exercise is happening, etc.

I guess I've learned me taking care of myself is a good thing to role model, but also the only way we're all going to get through.

amen to that sister!

Thanks LLM! We are having a good year :-). Dd10 is flourishing in her 5th grade class this year.
Cleopatra, we certainly have had separation anxiety as part of our 5-6 year journey thru PANDAS/PANS.
The line is faint at times for sure between helping and enabling/ PANS in control or helping to break patterns.
My kids have all slept in their own beds/ rooms for years, we were always firm here for adequate sleep and, frankly, my marriage is important to me.
That does not mean we haven't spent our own time in he!! w/ our PANS child w/ sleep issues in the beginning.
But I do need a retreat where barging in assuming my time without asking isn't okay-
and me walking out the door for 40 minute exercise is happening, etc.
I guess I've learned me taking care of myself is a good thing to role model, but also the only way we're all going to get through.