ACN Latitudes Forums

Nonstop tics

JMT

Another time was when i took bontech supd a couple yrs ago. First day tics were down 98%, second day down 90%, third day 80%, And it just kept dwindling to nothing.

Itsme,

Do you remember how many of the Bontech vits you were taking at the time that this happened? Were you increasing everyday? What was the max that you reached?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Itsme,

I have meaning to respond to this sooner, but I couldn't find the info in my files that I needed ^_^

This is just one possible thing, that I can see that may have negative effects for some.

A Dr. that I have referred to on this forum a few times , made a couple of remarks regarding vit B6's involvement in regards to kynurenine, which apparently has been found to be high in people with TS, alzheimers and autism. Her work involves supplementation based on genetic profiles. Anyway, she basically said that she has not always found high levels of B6/P5P to be helpful (doesn't say what "high" levels would be) because kynurenic acid is calming for neuro. transmitters, but the substance which kynurenic acid is converted into by B6, quinolinic acid, is excitatory.

If you were taking the full dose of the vits, it would have given you 100mgs of B6. I wonder if initially, you saw a reduction, but as you continued on the 100mgs of B6, you increased levels of quinolinic acid?

This initial improvement with B6, is something a friend of mine on another forum, with a pretty severe vocal tics experienced too. He was not taking a multi, only a couple of individual supplements.

If you have any further interest in this, let me know, and I can PM you, and provide links to the forum and threads where this is discussed by the Dr. I mentioned. There are also a couple of remarks regarding the involvement of tryptophan/chronic viral/bacterial infections/kyurenine/B6.

Thanks so much Kim,

You, and so many others on here are truely wonderful people. Me and my wife are VERY grateful and look forward to when we get our son consistantly better so that we have more time to offer advice and help to so many people that need it.

I thank you for offering more info but i want to wait till we get our son settled first - quite time consuming. We'll keep you posted.

Kim,

I would be interested in that info. My son is/was high in Kynurenate & quinolinate. He is taking 100mg B6 and the magnesium support is to help with the Quinolinate. Also his Impaired tryptophan, has me wondering if the B6 is really the vit that has helped the most. Or at lease got him to a calm state for weeks now with no increase in tics.

Thanks,

C.P.

Hello people.

I found this forum last night when I was at my wits end. My 14 year old son has TS and OCD. For a couple of days he has been suffering from violent tics in his whole body. He was in so much pain in his eyes and neck last night and said he couldn't breath right. I tried to make him go to bed but he started crying (which he never does) and said that he was afraid that his body would "break" from the violent twitching and said that the night before while he was brushing his teeth was when the most horrible tics began. He also said he though he might be going crazy. Nevertheless... I told him to brush his teeth and go to bed. Same thing happened again. He is usually OCD about taking care of his teeth but soon as he started brushing his body went crazy. He started having breathing problems so I gave him 2 benadryl tablets. Finally he went to sleep about 4am (still twitching violently).

It's weird that he has been basically tic free in his face for about a year or so... unless he comes in contact with pesticides, even walking through the aisle of a store that sells them. Strong perfumes in soaps, shampoos and cleaning products also affect him, as well as food additives like MSG & food colorings.

I did put some new flea medicine called "Revolution" on 4 of our cats the other day and this is basically when the tics began again. Perhaps toothpaste could be another culprit? He was allergic to ASL (a cheap detergent foaming agent) in most every toothpaste (gives him horrible canker sores) so I switched him to "Biotene" toothpaste that is ASL free but this is the toothpaste he was having the whole body violent tic reaction to, from his forehead down to his toes.

I'm going to have him stay away from the cats and brush his teeth with baking soda from now on. I do not want to have him taking drugs. He is an outgoing intelligent and artistically brilliant kid and I don't want that altered. His older sister suffered from only a facial tic which stress seemed to aggravate from the age of about 5 until she was 13. After cutting out processed foods, red food coloring and MSG she hasn't had one in almost 6 years.

I'm going to also try some of the vitamins and stuff mentioned here. Thank you.

~Florida

Florida, WELCOME

I'm so sorry to hear your son is going through a spell. You sound like you know where to look as possable causes. I hope this is short live, and your son can enjoy his summer.

That is such great news about your daughter. May I ask how old is she?

Where did you get all your info on food colorings and stuff?

Please keep us posted if you see an improvement with the things you are taking away.

C.P.

Hello Florida,

I was going to ask the same. So ditto on the above. Would you mind telling us how you have managed your son's (and daughter's) symptoms til now? How did you come to know about keeping away from chemicals and additives? Is this episode unusual for him, I mean is this the worst you've experienced?

thanks

Faith

Florida, WELCOME

I'm so sorry to hear your son is going through a spell. You sound like you know where to look as possable causes. I hope this is short live, and your son can enjoy his summer.

That is such great news about your daughter. May I ask how old is she?

Where did you get all your info on food colorings and stuff?

Please keep us posted if you see an improvement with the things you are taking away.

C.P.

My daughter is almost 19 now. She was really hyper when she was little and I noticed myself she would get really bad after eating certain foods, so I started cutting those things out of her diet and she started getting better. I started hearing things from other mom's then who were also starting to use diet to control ADHD symtoms. She has many food allergies and also allergies to certain antibiotics and drugs and even a latex allergy that we found out when she had to put rubber bands on her braces. She is also sensitive to sunlight and breaks out in a rash wherever she is exposed but that goes away in a couple of hours.

Hello Florida,

I was going to ask the same. So ditto on the above. Would you mind telling us how you have managed your son's (and daughter's) symptoms til now? How did you come to know about keeping away from chemicals and additives? Is this episode unusual for him, I mean is this the worst you've experienced?

thanks

Faith

This is the worst tic episode he has ever had. I am troubled by the pain he has from them. A couple years ago he had a couple months where he had a really bad facial tic that was pretty constant, but then he was better for a long time and now this... He seemed a little better today but it seemed to get worse again around evening time. He's dealing with it a little better. He read some stuff here and found out he was not alone and not crazy. He sometimes just spins and talks alot and makes funny noises but that doesn't seem to bother him... or anyone else. I'm a stay a home mom and home school so there's not a fitting into the school scene issue. I let most things just be since stress seems to make things worse. My daughter takes care of her own self now and my son is very good at staying away from things he knows he is allergic to.

There was absolutely no way I was going to put my kids on prescription drugs. Who knows what they will do to the mind of a growing child. My little brother was put on Ritalin for years and I believe that it damaged him in many ways.

Thanks for the welcome ^_^ ~Florida

welcome Florida

I have to rush but just wanted to recommend that while your son is having tics related to toothbrushing....maybe let him just rinse thoroughly with Listerene for a few nights

we have had to do that with my son periodically in the past when he would have tooth triggered tics. Vitamin B5 is good for this too(pantothenic acid)

also...re the pesticides...BIG TIC TRIGGER!!!

we also have 4 cats and we only use natural herbal flea remedies (like quantum)

my son also has sensory integration dysfunction, and we have found a clear correlation between sensory irritation and increased tics. We avoid all perfumed and chemical products

Thanks Chemar

He brushed with baking soda last night and he didn't have a problem. I started giving him fish oil and B-complex sublingual liquid yesterday AND 25 mg of zinc along with his multi-vitamin. He's still ticcing non-stop but not as severe or as painful as it was. He's breathing and sleeping better.

Itsme,

I have meaning to respond to this sooner, but I couldn't find the info in my files that I needed ^_^

This is just one possible thing, that I can see that may have negative effects for some.

A Dr. that I have referred to on this forum a few times , made a couple of remarks regarding vit B6's involvement in regards to kynurenine, which apparently has been found to be high in people with TS, alzheimers and autism. Her work involves supplementation based on genetic profiles. Anyway, she basically said that she has not always found high levels of B6/P5P to be helpful (doesn't say what "high" levels would be) because kynurenic acid is calming for neuro. transmitters, but the substance which kynurenic acid is converted into by B6, quinolinic acid, is excitatory.

If you were taking the full dose of the vits, it would have given you 100mgs of B6. I wonder if initially, you saw a reduction, but as you continued on the 100mgs of B6, you increased levels of quinolinic acid?

This initial improvement with B6, is something a friend of mine on another forum, with a pretty severe vocal tics experienced too. He was not taking a multi, only a couple of individual supplements.

If you have any further interest in this, let me know, and I can PM you, and provide links to the forum and threads where this is discussed by the Dr. I mentioned. There are also a couple of remarks regarding the involvement of tryptophan/chronic viral/bacterial infections/kyurenine/B6.

Kim, i would also like that info mentioned above. You can just PM me when you have a minute.....no real hurry! Thank you!

Hi Florida, Just wanted to mention that several folks on this board, myself included, have noticed an increase in tics when they take fish oil... You might want to look for an alternative.

Jeff