ACN Latitudes Forums

Dye-free azith?

Does anyone have success getting azith pills in dye-free form? It's been such a struggle. My son went back on azith about 4 months ago and he absolutely refuses to take the ones with the red dye (not that I blame him). For a while I was able to get dye-free pills from Rite Aid, but they said they have mostly been filling the script by getting pills from other Rite Aid's that had them. They said the manufacturer (Sandoz) says they are on "backorder" with no date for when/if they will be abel to provide them again. I've called several other pharmacies, and Rite Aid was the only one that said they could even get them in the first place. The others said they were not able to order them.

Anybody had luck with this recently? So frustrating... it should be getting EASIER to find dye-free alternatives these days, not harder!

Never had a problem getting them from CVS dye-free.

Really?? We usually use CVS for prescriptions but they did some looking (several months ago) and said they couldn't get dye-free azith tablets. I would think if one CVS could do it, then all could. Ugh. I think I'll bug them again. Do you happen to know the manufacturer of the tablets? Sandoz makes them, but that's the company that Rite Aid is telling me is backordered with no date for fulfillment.

Sorry Monarchat, but it's been a year or two since my DD was on Azith. I was anal about checking before hand to make sure everything is dye-free and titanium dioxide-free as both ingredients make my DD psychotic. We got it from Rite Aid prior to moving and getting it from CVS.

Really?? We usually use CVS for prescriptions but they did some looking (several months ago) and said they couldn't get dye-free azith tablets. I would think if one CVS could do it, then all could. Ugh. I think I'll bug them again. Do you happen to know the manufacturer of the tablets? Sandoz makes them, but that's the company that Rite Aid is telling me is backordered with no date for fulfillment.

Try these brands:

Wockhardt

Apotex

Greenstone

Pliva

Teva

Pfizer makes a 600mg

And of course Sandoz

http://www.drugs.com/imprints.php?drugname=azithromycin

Edited by mayzoo

• 2 weeks later...