ACN Latitudes Forums

Childhood Tic

Thanks Marianne,

I find that so interesting, and good that you feel you have got to the bottom of what makes his tics flair up. I too, had noticed taking away offending foods (we did the Alcat food sensitivity test), he did stop the head shaking tic (the most obvious one) fairly quickly. So I am banking on corn and yeast as being his big trigger. He does have infractions now and again, but I try to keep them few and far between, although lately he is not being very cooperative. So I have to watch, and I do see him doing a little neck stretching at night, its subtle enough, but that's my cue that I better not build up the bad stuff in him or that could get worse. And its seemed to work, I mean it hasn't escalated into anything more than that. I'm not sure he tics right away to anything, I kinda feel for him it is a buildup (bucket filling up) and his reaction could be next day or so after digestion has taken place, you know?

You mention the flax oil, the funny thing is that was the one food he test HIGHLY senstive to, and I had been giving him that for about a year! So, I attribute that to some of his problem--so no can do!

Faith

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marianne,

Since your son has such immediate reaction to food that he eats, I would suggest you learn muscle testing before he eats to avoid tic triggers. It is easy to do. Basically the idea is, if one is sensitive or allergic to the food, the muscle becomes weak or if one is not allergic or sensitive to the food, the muscle remain strong. It is kind of hard for me to explain how to do muscle test, but there are alot of books on the subject with illustrusations. Also, many ND, chirop do muscle testing as well.

Patty

• 4 months later...

Hi Everyone!!

Geez, it's been a while since i've been on the forum. Just to update everyone on the progress of my son. Since controlling his diet, i have managed to minimise his tic's. Once in a while we have our bad days depending if we have attended a party or some sort where junk food is nearby. His tic's are no where near as bad as it use to be before. I have even reduced his intake of magnesium to just once a day. I no longer need to give him the EPO, nor Vit B complex. He is thank god so much better:), it's nice to see him the way he use to be:)

Hello, all, I am so hopeful someone can help me. I am new to this site.

My daughter is 12 and all of a suddent developed a tic in her shoulders, first one, now both. It has been 10 weeks now . It still did not go away. Both shoulders are twitching quite constantly and she is constantly in pain. Towards the end of the day the pain is quite sever because of the muscle contracting the whole day long. There are many evenings when she can not fall asleep, is really miserable and overall it is very scary experience. We have gone thru 2 neurologists, had EEG, cat scans, blood work, x-rays on neck and spine, all is fine. All tests are negative. We have gone thru 6 visits to physical therapy, 6 visits to biofeedback, 2 different orthopedic doctors, now we are doing acupuncture (did 3 sessions already and will do 3 more and it is not covered by insurance). Nothing really seems to help. Whenever I speak to the neurologists they say that ticks can take a long time to go away and sometimes it doesn’t (????) and they prescribe me clonopin and some other drugs which I really have not given her. Because of side effects and because the problem is not to become sleepy and drowsy but to get rid of pain and twitching which these drugs don’t do. I am really at loss… I see some people are writing about supplements. Can you advise which ones? I don’t know what else to do and it is so very frustrating. If you have any ideas- please!

Thank you

annag,

Sorry to hear that your daughter is experiencing discomfort as a result of the tics. When my son had his sudden onset of head nodding tic, acunpuncture was helpful. i notice a decrease after about 2 sessions. As Chemar pointed out, chiropractic may be helpful to realign the spine or shoulders.

I have also found Craniosacral therapy is helpful. It is noninvasive and painless.

Also, epsom baths & magnesium creme( made by Kirkman's) Lab is very effective in calming tics.

Take care!

Pat