ACN Latitudes Forums

Please recommend a good environmental / naturopathic dr for Tourettes in NYC

elkk

Hello.

Can anyone please recommend a good environmental / naturopathic doctor who treats TS in NYC area?

After experiencing a number of vocal and motor tics of various severity that have been present on and off for about 2 years, my 6yo son was recently diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome and prescribed Clonidine.

The medicine made him very weak and sleepy and disinterested in his surroundings. I could not endure seeing my little boy so sick, and took him off Clonidine after couple of days.

It's interesting how the medical community does not have answers to two crucial questions that I am sure every person who has been exposed to TS has been asking:

1. what are the causes?

2. what is the cure?

My son's neurologist admitted that giving any type of medicine to treat his TS is like putting a Band-Aid on a wound. The medicine just helps alleviate the severity of tics, but does not really cure the underlying cause of the condition. Is the cover up of symptoms through medicine really worth it, giving the endless list of side effects that cause critical harm to a human body?

Looks like the only way to start approaching any type of treatment of this disorder is through the natural therapies.

Could someone please direct me to a good medical professional in NYC who is able to treat TS naturally?

Any leads would be highly appreciated.

Thank you so much in advance!