ACN Latitudes Forums

LDN - Low Dose Naltroxone. Has anyone tried it?

Funny, I'm reading about SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) on another page right now, and read that some use low dose naltrexone for that when they don't have success with abx or botanicals.

The interesting thing is the connection to inflammation and autoimmune disease:

"SIBO has been shown to negatively affect both the structure and function of the small bowel. It may significantly interfere with digestion of food and absorption of nutrients, primarily by damaging the cells lining the small bowel (the mucosa). Additionally, this damage to the small bowel mucosa can lead to leaky gut (when the intestinal barrier becomes permeable, allowing large protein molecules to escape into the bloodstream), which is known to have a number of potential complications including immune reactions that cause food allergies or sensitivities, generalized inflammation, and autoimmune diseases (2)."

http://chriskresser.com/sibo-what-causes-it-and-why-its-so-hard-to-treat/

Many say the answer is the gut - more and more of what I'm reading seems to point to that as well. Fixing the gut to help the immune system.

Sorry that I can't contribute to the use of Naltrexone, but I was literally reading that article and asking my hubby what Naltrexone is usually used for when I saw your post!