ACN Latitudes Forums

anyone dealing with PANS, Lyme/CO's, and Immune Deficiency?

Yes, we also have 3 kids ages 11, 8, 8. All three have immune deficiencies. Two receive monthly IVIG as a result. We had PANDAS/PANS (older DS) Aspergers (younger DS) and ASD (younger DD) diagnoses but are now considered recovered. Our most immune deficient child with prior ASD diagnoses struggles the most. Our recovered child has always had the strongest immune response of the 3.

Edited by sf_mom

Neither of you guys mentioned Lyme/Co's.

Can you give me a run down of how you were able to get to recovery? I know it would be a very long story- but the highlights/ treatments that you felt really made a difference. My son has been on IVIG for 8 years, 1 year of high dose with DR.B in CT, he is currently on IV abx for Lyme, and we had the PANS in remission until last month. But he is still not able to be out in the world functional. His pain, fatigue, and now with this flare anxiety prevent him.

Thank you.

Lyme, bartonella and babesia can all cause immune suppression. As can eating pesticides (especially glyphosate) which decimates beneficial gut bacteria (and thus immune function), and having a burden of metal adjuvants from vaccinations.

Bartonella and babesia were both responsible for DD's PANS symptoms. Bartonella was responsible for most of them; treating babesia helped most with cognitive/executive function.

Treating for lyme would not necessarily treat any existing coinfections.

Edited by rowingmom

• 10 months later...

Lyme, bartonella and babesia can all cause immune suppression. As can eating pesticides (especially glyphosate) which decimates beneficial gut bacteria (and thus immune function), and having a burden of metal adjuvants from vaccinations.

Bartonella and babesia were both responsible for DD's PANS symptoms. Bartonella was responsible for most of them; treating babesia helped most with cognitive/executive function.

Treating for lyme would not necessarily treat any existing coinfections.

Hi rowingmom,

I'm new to the forum and was wondering how you treated the Babesia? My son has it but we are newly diagnosed.

Thank you!