ACN Latitudes Forums

Who do you see when you're too sick to go, and who do you recommend

I would recommend seeing an integrative, Lyme-literate MD. They can look at all possible infections, deficiencies, allergies, toxicities, etc that may be contributing to your health problems.

Ask a friend, family member or clergy member to take you if you're too sick to drive yourself. Sometimes the hardest part is asking for help when you need it.

I will second powpow's statement on Dr L. We had to literally drag them in when they were at their worst. It was hard as they were alternately screaming and laughing at people on the street. The stress of a doctor's visit to a PANDAS kid brings on the worst of behavior. Dr L now does facetime visits, which makes things a lot easier on the kids and parents.

Also PANDAS kids have been known to do crazy things, so as m2a recommended, having a second person in a car is important.

I managed to get a helpful phone consult with Dr. T by phone and paired that with emailing him records and blood tests we had. He then ordered a bunch more. Weren't able to get all those because BT was imposible to take anywhere let alone to get blood drawn.

Where are you exactly? We managed eventually to get him to Dr L literally had to wrap him in a blanket - in his underwear. Required myself, my husband and brother-in-law and had to hold him down while he kicked and screamed in the car. It was a nightmare but we were lucky it was only 45 minutes. Once we were there Dr L and her staff are great at dealing with the situation.

Now we do FaceTime, or I just go myself and give her the rundown.