ACN Latitudes Forums

confused

I need some help understanding my ds's tic. To refresh, he originally had a throat-clearing tic that lasted from Dec 06-Feb 07. He then replaced the throat-clearing with rapid, heavy eye blinking. The eye blinking was way worse than the throat-clearing ever was. He started out blinking all.day.long. I'd say he blinked 95% of the day when this tic started in Feb. and it waxed and waned until recently.

Fast forwarding to the present, we have eliminated gluten & casein from his diet and added more magnesium and digestive enzymes and his eye blinking has diminished tremendously! We took away his Playstation but have continued to let him watch TV/movies on our (CRT) and it hasn't seemed to affect him. He also uses the computer some (LCD) The blinking went from 95% of the time to 5% of the time.

These past few days, I haven't noticed any blinking at all until my husband brought home a movie he's been wanting to see and as soon as he started watching the movie, I noticed him blinking! So weird! Why did that movie make him blink when the cartoon on before that didn't?

I have noticed that he can go all day with no blinks and then the minute he gets overly-excited, or nervous, etc... he will blink. He had a doctor appt. last week (nothing to do with tics) and as soon as the dr. came in the room, his blinking was off the chain. We left, and they were gone.

Is this usual for tics? I mean, I know I've read that tics can get worse under stress etc... but can they go away and only come out during stress or anxiety? Would that still be a TS type tic?

I am interested in the response from others. Our son has had a very bad weekend of eye blinking. Not sure what has started it, but I hope they get better tomorrow. I am still waiting for our test results, I do suspect gluten is a problem, but hate to keep guessing.

I have TS , my son too, I know tv does trigger it but i believe it is just sitting there that does it. Things like reading, classroom, sitting still for a seminar, ect... all cause the tics to increase. TS is such a weird thing (i actually laughed at myself many times over the years because of how goofy this thing can be) because it comes and goes often times for no apparent reason. However as i learned from Sheila's book, and this wonderful forum (thank God) is that there is always an identifiable reason for the tics, it's just a matter of doing some detective work and finding the source.

I'm sorry i can't be of more help with the movie ticcing. However i can tell you that my son started with intense eye blinking in December 06 and after 1 month on Bontech sups they stopped and havn't returned. There are some nose tics now, which we think are related to his springtime allergies. We are currently on the food elimination diet, candidas diet, amino acid supplementation and probiotics all of which i think are helping to stregthen his heavily compromised immune system.