ACN Latitudes Forums

Co-Morbid Discoveries with Pandas DS

Thought I would share some info about some discoveries we made with regard to my Pandas DS recently. I decided to take him to the doc whom treated his twin/non/Pandas for mood/anger issues. (twin 100% symptom free 12 months and holding) Ds had a 2nd IVIG last March and we did not experience the same positive outcome as with the first one. Thinking that co-morbid issues could be in play, I wanted a second opinion. We flew to Boston, and saw Dr. Greenblatt. He is amazing.

Results:

0 traceable lithium

0 Vitamin C

Low levels B12

Low Zinc

Low White blood cell count

Low CaL/Mag

High Sodium

Low Serotontin levels indicated

Yeast Fine (interesting cause I have been remiss on pro-biotics for a year now)

High Dairy Intolerance issues

Dr. Greenblatts Interpretation:

All of the above deficiencies are interlinked and dependent upon one another so a domino effect is at play. Dairy issues part of the root cause>Undigested bacteria leaching into blood stream> antibodies making their way to Opiate Receptors in the Brain and causing Moon Lability/Anger/Aggression>diminishing absorptions of vit/minerals. 0 Lithium of course would be a player with same mood issues. Low White Blood cell count is probably the result of the low Zinc, which is needed to create white blood cells. High Sodium is linked to Zinc as well. Mood issues is a given with B12 deficiencies. All of the above are required for proper methlylation of Serotonin> either the mfg or the transporting to the brain.

He has seen similar profiles with Pandas kids. He feels that above issues are a combination of Genetcs/Pandas> the Genetics exacerbating the Pandas.

He is very optimistic about treating him, stating that he has had very high success with kids that have similar to my Ds's Profile. Says that B12/Lithium/Dairy are the biggest players here....Supplementing could yield benefits within a couple of days. I dare say......the child has not had a Tantrum since staring supplements.

Will report outcome

No jinxing here!

Cooincidentally I just saw ds15's PANS NP/RN and she wants to test for Zinc, Iron, Folate, and some other minerals. White blood cells are good. But his protein levels are very low and she connected the dots for me re. low IgG (protein!!) and the need for protein from meat sources (we eat very little red). So, ds15 will be thrilled to eat more hamburgers and steak tacos.

We've found that Country Life's Complex B formula is good and no flushing reactions (B-3??).

ds15's igG is still low after March IVIG so we're due for a 2nd in Dec.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would share some info about some discoveries we made with regard to my Pandas DS recently. I decided to take him to the doc whom treated his twin/non/Pandas for mood/anger issues. (twin 100% symptom free 12 months and holding) Ds had a 2nd IVIG last March and we did not experience the same positive outcome as with the first one. Thinking that co-morbid issues could be in play, I wanted a second opinion. We flew to Boston, and saw Dr. Greenblatt. He is amazing

Can I ask how long it took to get an appointment with Dr. Greenblatt and how much it cost?

He is on

5000 b12 w/folate (sublingual)

2 droppers lithium ortate

(from pure encapsulation)

Vit c

Trace mineral (pure encapaulations)

Cal/mag

2 gluten/casein enzymes w/each meal

Gluten/dairy/egg free diet

No wait for apt at this time

.i have referred others and they have gotten right in.

I forgot to share my ds flunked an adp test last march. Earned a right brain adp disorder. I had him retested today. HE PASSED and is now in normal range!!! I cried..good tears.

We used the FASTFORWARD program for 3 months. The doc also noted the distinct change in affect! She said..no flailing arms and legs, focused and all business. She said it must be combo of program/diet/supplements!

Wooooohoooo

Thought I would share some info about some discoveries we made with regard to my Pandas DS recently. I decided to take him to the doc whom treated his twin/non/Pandas for mood/anger issues. (twin 100% symptom free 12 months and holding) Ds had a 2nd IVIG last March and we did not experience the same positive outcome as with the first one. Thinking that co-morbid issues could be in play, I wanted a second opinion. We flew to Boston, and saw Dr. Greenblatt. He is amazing.

Results:

0 traceable lithium

0 Vitamin C

Low levels B12

Low Zinc

Low White blood cell count

Low CaL/Mag

High Sodium

Low Serotontin levels indicated

Yeast Fine (interesting cause I have been remiss on pro-biotics for a year now)

High Dairy Intolerance issues

Dr. Greenblatts Interpretation:

All of the above deficiencies are interlinked and dependent upon one another so a domino effect is at play. Dairy issues part of the root cause>Undigested bacteria leaching into blood stream> antibodies making their way to Opiate Receptors in the Brain and causing Moon Lability/Anger/Aggression>diminishing absorptions of vit/minerals. 0 Lithium of course would be a player with same mood issues. Low White Blood cell count is probably the result of the low Zinc, which is needed to create white blood cells. High Sodium is linked to Zinc as well. Mood issues is a given with B12 deficiencies. All of the above are required for proper methlylation of Serotonin> either the mfg or the transporting to the brain.

He has seen similar profiles with Pandas kids. He feels that above issues are a combination of Genetcs/Pandas> the Genetics exacerbating the Pandas.

He is very optimistic about treating him, stating that he has had very high success with kids that have similar to my Ds's Profile. Says that B12/Lithium/Dairy are the biggest players here....Supplementing could yield benefits within a couple of days. I dare say......the child has not had a Tantrum since staring supplements.

Will report outcome

May I ask how he tested for your above deficiencies? I'm particularly interested in how he tested for the lithium and vitamin C?

My Dd's lithium was zero on her hair analysis and her vitamin C was next to nothing on her OAT.

Fascinating. My kids have very similar test results, except my kids test high in B12 due to supplementation. From what I've been reading, if lithium levels are low, the B12 can't make it into the cells, and both my kids were zip/zilch/nada in lithium on a hair analysis.

The only Pure Encapsulations liquid lithium I can find is Lithium Citrate. (I went to the Pure Encapsulations site.) Did you mean New Beginnings liquid lithium orotate, or Pure Encapsulations liquid lithium citrate?

Thanks!