ACN Latitudes Forums

Naproxen for pandas?

Hi I was recently prescribed naproxen over patient portal and I was wondering if anyone has used for pandas/pans. Naproxen is an NSAID I believe and I'm on meloxicam which is also an NSAID. I was on celebrex before that but my question is is there a difference? My doctor told me that they use naproxen at Stanford so does that mean it's better then meloxicam? Should I try it?

I have been giving my DS15 naproxen for the past 3 months and I think it has been helpful. On the days he did not take it he was much more symptomatic. Naproxen and ibuprofen are both NSAIDs but naproxen is just two times a day dose and is easier. I gave it the same time as the the abx. Celebrex and meloxican are both prescription NSAIDS and I think are typically sre a stronger dose than over the counter NSAIDS. I think you just have to find out which one works best for you.

• 2 weeks later...

We used to do ibuprofen regularly. One day while my son was at football, he was spiraling fast. I reached into my glove box, but my bottle of ibuprofen was empty, but I did have a bottle of naproxen. Knowing it was an anti-inflammatory, I said what the , and gave it a try - we were in a pinch. The effect was more immediate, and even better than the ibuprofen. My daughter still does better on ibuprofen, but my son has better results with naproxen.