ACN Latitudes Forums

Which lab to do a Heavy Metal Hair Test

Hi, I learned a lot from this great website. I plan to order a heavy metal hair test for my daughter. I found quite a few labs online that can provide this test, like the Great Plains Lab, Doctor's Data..... Can anyone give me a recommention on which lab's results is more reliable? Thanks a lot!

Mary

Hi, Chemar:

Thanks for you quick reply. I searched Genova Diagnostics website but only found the urine test for toxic element, instead of hair test. Maybe I overlooked it? I already got my daughter's urine tested and all the results came back normal. But this does not mean she has no heavy metal toxicity since she might not be able to excrete the toxic metal. Do you remember your test years ago is urine or hair? Thanks!

Mary

• 4 weeks later...

I had the Doctor's Data test through a kind of middleman arrangement, via a firm called Regenerus Laboratories, who then sent the order on to Doctor's Data. The only person who had "ordered" the test was my homoeopath, who was definitely not a doctor, so they evidently aren't too fussy. I just filled in an order form on Regenerus's website, and where any of the boxes weren't applicable I put in an explanation of why, and that seemed to be fine. The results came back from Doctor's Data with Regenerus Labs listed as the referring doctor.

Regenerus are only in the UK though, so probably won't be directly applicable to you, but I'm just mentioning that to show that Doctor's Data's "requirements" may not be as inflexible as they seem.

I've no idea how *accurate* their testing is - the only thing that followed from it for me was that the homoeopath attempted to detox the metal buildup he said it indicated, not using anything that was specific for the exact results but a combination remedy called "Poly Metals", and the results were frankly disastrous. (He WOULD insist on using repeated and rapidly increasing doses, even though the last two times he'd done that with me had been disastrous too.) Maybe someone else knows more about that.