ACN Latitudes Forums

Missed abx last week causing flare this week?

Last week, June 21-24 I couldn't get dd's zith filled because the idiots at the pharmacy don't know what they're doing.... This week, dd is flairing..... Opinions on whether this is a direct result of those missed doses? Still took regular doses of Minocycline & Bactrim, and herbals for detox.

We've been in treatment for 18 months now, and have had ups and downs with symptom severity since her pretty-close-to-baseline recovery period late last summer, but all in all she has improved significantly.

She has an appointment soon and we were considering trying to wean her off of some of the abx to see how she does.... I've had reservations about doing this, but she really has been doing pretty well, maybe even plateaued. I've also been very curious to see what would happen if she stopped taking them. But curiosity killed the cat they say, and if this is any indication of how that's going to go, than I might reconsider! :) she's currently aggressive & anxious with minor raging episodes. We've seen this a bit on and off since recovery, but nothing lasting.... The past few days have been increasingly bad :(

Any thoughts? Did missing a few doses last week bring this behavior about this week? Or is it coincidence? We've been staying up late lately (summer vacation!) but been sleeping in late every morning too :)

It is on my mind that tonight is the full moon (possibility of parasites). However, I don't know how far in advance a flare would begin, nor do I fully understand the full moon connection to parasites and/or lyme.

Edited by jan251

Quite possible. Two things come to mind:

1. The idea has been bandied about here that abx also have an anti-inflammatory effect, similar to taking ibuprofen.

2. There is also the possibility that the abx are currently shielding her from some exposure to a bacteria or virus that will cause her to flare without actually contracting anything. I think this happens all the time to my kid, even when he's taking abx prophylactically.