ACN Latitudes Forums

Parasites?

Has anyone had any luck reducing OCD and other PANS/PANDAS symptoms by treating for parasites? I've seen older threads where people were considering treating but I don't recall seeing threads where obvious improvement was mentioned as a result. I'd love to hear thoughts, suggested treatments, etc.

Just trying to cover all our bases as I feel like we're still missing pieces (strep/myco/lyme/bart/babs aren't enough pieces, apparently). As constipation has been a life-long issue for ds and OCD took off after some gut supplement adjustments, it would make sense to me if parasites were playing a significant role in the mix. (Haven't had a chance to discuss with the PANDAS doc yet.)

Edited by jan251

You can give inositol for OCD. Go solow, Separate from that a parasite treatment is often used with pandas. Treatment woll need to be personalized to conditions such as Lyme if known. Would do it only w supervision. Hope it helps, E

They can definitely be a problem especially in those that are multi co-infected or immune compromised.

An easy way to tell if you are dealing with parasites is to watch full moon cycle. Look for symptom increase 2 to 3 days prior to full moon. Parasite eggs typically hatch during this period.

Here is some good information:

http://www.kitchendoctor.com/parasite_infection/parasite_symptoms.php

We've used various anti-parasitic throughout years. I would consider all of them helpful. We are not dealing with any detectable OCD and haven't for a while. You might try Diatomaceous Earth as a first pass.

• 2 months later...

I'm bumping this to see if anyone has anything to add. In my recent reading, I noticed that dilated pupils can be a symptom of certain roundworms (e.g. ascaris) and that's fascinating. I have also seen constipation mentioned as a possible symptom, though it's unclear to me whether that would be chronic or acute constipation.

If you've treated for (non-lyme-coinfection; intestinal-type) parasites either on purpose or accidentally (e.g., Rowingmom, I'm thinking about your list of treatments as including several things that would also help w/parasites), and you've seen improvement, it would be helpful to hear how that worked, what you used and what you observed in what sort of timeframe, etc.

Does anyone know whether curcumin could be contraindicated in a case of intestinal parasites? Apparently there's a study touted as showing benefits of curcumin because it increases the lifespan of nematode roundworms.

Edited by jan251