ACN Latitudes Forums

Biaxin for mycoplasma - experiences?

Hi all! Starting Biaxin tonight to address high myco p titers. Any experiences good or bad? I'm hoping addressing myco p will finally reduce severe anxiety/OCD (PANDAS symptoms).

Biaxin for mycoplasma is the only thing that finally rid our DS of OCD (per DS). To us it is a miracle drug!!! Local MDs went on a strep infection trigger assumption and treated with azithromycin during infection/flare, Keflex for prophylaxis. He did CBT, etc. and at best was able to get is OCD down to a 1-2 out of 10 (10 being his initial onset and unable to leave the house due to OCD). Further testing revealed mycoplasma and chronic sinus/pneumonia infections. Biaxin finally brought his OCD to a zero. He still struggles with some ADHD and mild anxiety, but it's a slow progress (and I'm thrilled with any progress, especially now OCD is gone). Good luck, I hope it works as well in your family.

Our son did a little over 6 months of Azith followed by nearly a year of Biaxin and his titers barely budged. At that point, I finally tested for Lyme and he was positive. We have been on a Lyme protocol and his titers are still slow to drop. They are switching him from his current protocol back to a protocol that includes Azith. We will take a wait and see approach for the next several months and will draw blood then to see if he is moving in the right direction or if we need to change again. We are hopeful that as we address bartonella and mycoplasma with our new protocol, titers will fall.