ACN Latitudes Forums

Help! Nothing working for second DS

I joined this forum 2 years ago when my oldest DS began ticcing when he turned 9. He had a terrible constant screaming tic. We removed gluten, dairy, preservatives, dyes, flavors and got improvement. We supplemented with mag.citrate, borage oil, p5p, vitaspectrum multi, a high probiotic, got improvement. We chelated for metals, treated for yeast got improvement. We regressed. Then we tested for IGg food sensitivities, ALCAT, and the OATS. We removed more foods, got improvement. Removed GMO's, treated the gut, and added digestive enzymes, got improvement. Lastly, we added Taurine. He currently eats a Organic, no corn, no eggs, no wheat, no dairy, low sugar diet, takes melatonin, taurine, probiotic,digestive enzymes and he is doing great. He is a completely different kid than he was two years ago.

Now, my youngest DS just turned 9, that magic age, and he too is ticcing and like his brother, his tics are mostly vocal, including swear words. He has been on the same diet as his brother these past two years, except he eats eggs. He has also been taking probiotics and enzymes since last summer. Had him tested for IGg food reactions, nothing. Ran the Genova ONE test, was low in Thiamine(B1), Biotin (B7), and Riboflavin (B2). Normal in B6 and Magnesium. No yeast.low in lysine, glycine, and arginine. High in cysteine, taurine, and a few acids. for supplements, I have tried P5P, Mag citrate, multi, molybdenum, b complex, zinc, b1, b2, b7, Gaba, taurine, lysine, glycine, arganine and nothing is helping. Most all seems to make things worse. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Oh, and I just did the 23andme test on them both. Awaiting results. Has anyone found this test helpful for treatment?

Edited by my2sons

Hi

have you investigated any possible infection connection?

You mention he eats eggs....have you tried eliminating just to see if any effect?

There are so many individual variables, and especially if it is TS.

Hi,

Unfortunately I do not have anything else to recommend. One thing I keep a close eye on is the CBIT. We haven't tried it for my daughter so I do not have a first hand experience to share, but I have read a lot about it and to me it sounds promising. It is recomended for children older than 10 years though. I beleive user "mythree" posted about her daughter's positive experience with this type of treatment last year.

We have also introduced Turmeric very recently, a couple of days ago. I am still not sure if it has any positive effects.

Regards,

Amy