ACN Latitudes Forums

Can dark skin around genitals be related to my son's tics

My 7 year old son has started blinking and shrugging his shoulders few weeks back. I started him on magnesium taurate and b vitamins. Sometimes he takes Epsom salt baths. I give him flax oil on and off,

I recently noticed that his skin around the genitals area has turned very dark. I don't know for how long it has been like this and if this is normal. Sometimes, I have seen him scratch there so maybe it is itching. But when I ask him, he says he is fine.

I am still in the process of reading as much as possible to educate myself. My husband had facial tics when he was in middle school for a couple of years. But he doesn't do it anymore. So there is definitely a genetic component involved.

Do you of you know if this is some kind of infection that could be related to tics. We live in a small town and the pediatrician just said that my son has a tics and that it will pass with time.

• 3 months later...

My 7 year old son has started blinking and shrugging his shoulders few weeks back. I started him on magnesium taurate and b vitamins. Sometimes he takes Epsom salt baths. I give him flax oil on and off,

I recently noticed that his skin around the genitals area has turned very dark. I don't know for how long it has been like this and if this is normal. Sometimes, I have seen him scratch there so maybe it is itching. But when I ask him, he says he is fine.

I am still in the process of reading as much as possible to educate myself. My husband had facial tics when he was in middle school for a couple of years. But he doesn't do it anymore. So there is definitely a genetic component involved.

Do you of you know if this is some kind of infection that could be related to tics. We live in a small town and the pediatrician just said that my son has a tics and that it will pass with time.

Hi there. My honest suggestion would be to talk to a Dr about this, especially when it comes to children. If your son is scratching there and there is in fact a change in coloration of skin, that will be your best bet. Also, if you believe this started after your son started any medications, supplements , etc, then you can always speak to a pharmacist as well. And yes, this does sound like skin irritation, or even an infection. I hope you were able to find the answers you needed. *J*