ACN Latitudes Forums
omega

question for juwayriyah

Hi Juwayriyah,

You mentioned n your posts that you were able to get this plant from India. Can you please share where in India were you able to get it from. Also, what is the plant called in India. How old was your son when you started giving him these leaves. Did you consult any doctor in India for this.

My son who is 7 has started having tics. My husband used to blink excessively itseems when he was in middle school but stopped later. Also, I am worried that my 2.5 year old daughter is blinking especially when she is watching tv or laptop.

We are from India but live in the US and am very interested in trying this herb.

Thank you so much if you can please respond to my message. Any information will be very helpful.

Hi Omega and all of you who responded to my post. Sorry for the late reply.

My husband got clerodendrum inerme from a nursery in Mumbai. It is actually a common hedge plant in India. He had to go through a lot of paperwork to get it here but fortunately the laws in South Africa are not all that strict. You could also try checking Hawaii as I have seen in my research it also grows there. :unsure:I imagine it might be difficult trying to import live plant material into the U.S? My husband came back with about 40 small plants which survived the journey and now grow as a beautiful bush in our garden. We really treasure this plant for what it has done for our son. here is a link to a nursery that sells it and a number you can try Call: (+91) 9595 419429 (10AM - 6PM)

http://nurserylive.com/buy-annual-flowers-plants-online-in-india/clerodendrum-inerme-koinal-plants-in-india.

They call it Koinal but you have to be sure that you get the right plant because the plant seems to share its name with some other plants. My husband took a picture with just to be sure,because on his first trip he came back with the wrong plant!!! :o

My son was 7 years old when he first started taking the leaves and his tics started at age 3.

I did years of research before I came across this plant and I can honestly say that whatever you have to go through to get it-will be well worth it! My son is doing so well and he only needs to take some "plant" once a month or even less.His friends at school don't even know he has tics!

nurserylive-cliro-dendrum.png

note: it does not flower all year.

Common name: koinal, Glory Bower, Indian privet, Seaside clerodendrum, Wild Jasmine, Sorcerers Bush •Hindi: chhoti-ari, संकुप्पी sankuppi, sangan-kuppi, vilayati mehendi, batraj • Marathi: sangam, वनजाई vanajai, sirit-mari • Tamil: சங்கம் Sangam, Peechangu, அந்ஜலீ Anjali • Malayalam: nirnochi, shangam-kuppi • Telugu: erup-pichha, pisangi, pishinika, takkolapu-chettu • Kannada: naitakkilay, itteru, kundali gida, naayi tekkake, thakkalika • Bengali: বনজাঈ Banajai • Oriya: vଅନଜାଈ Vanajai • Urdu: گل دمدم Guldamdam • Sanskrit: कुंडली Kundali

Botanical name: Clerodendrum inerme Family: Verbenaceae (Verbena family),
Synonyms: Volkameria inermis

I am pleased you have found help for your child with this

:)

Just a word of caution to anyone reading...there are many different types clerodendrum plants and some are poisonous to people and pets. Also, some places use pesticides on plants that may be hazardous. Please be careful and as always, it is wise to consult your health care practitioner before trying anything, especially for a child.

Here again is the article about this plant http://latitudes.org/plant-leaf-extract-stops-chronic-tics-premium/

Note is is Clerodendrum Inerme Extract

Hello Juwayriyah,

I am writing from Australia on behalf of my grandson. I read your original post from 2015 with great and hopeful excitement. May I enquire how your son is progressing now and ask how many years he has been having the clerodendrum inerme please? If I were to simply dehydrate the leaves at say .... 120°F (50°C) for 5-6 hours, grind them up and put them in a capsule, how many capsules do you think would be a dose for a 120lb (60kg) person? I am very excited but a little nervous also as I can't see where anybody except your son and a 13 year old girl have taken this herb for tics or Tourettes. I don't understand why this hasn't been taken up by the Tourettes community. I do hope you reply.

Kindest regards, Joy

Hi Joy,

My son is doing so well (praise God). I can not tell you how grateful we are to have found this plant that has helped my son so tremendously! He will be 13yrs old this year so it means he has been taking clerodendrum inerme for nearly 6 years already. He is a top student at school, very active and he has lots of friends (most of whom don't even know he has tics!) In fact we, his family sometimes forget that he has tics :D. He will have what i call a "tic attack" between 3-5 times a year. It is usually around exam time...so I guess stress and late nights are the causative factors for him.

Now about the plant: I have found that taking the raw water extract of the leaf (50 leaves liquidized in water and then strained) works really fast to alleviate the symptoms. The problem is my son can not handle this method. The plant is really potent and the bitter taste overwhelms him :wacko: . So I pick enough leaves to fill 3 dehydrator trays, and dehydrate them at around 50°C over night. Once dry, I grind them in a coffee grinder and put the powder into capsules. NOTE: I only give him the capsules when and if he has tics. As soon as they start to taper off (which can vary between 3-6 days) I stop giving him the capsules. The dosage I give him is one capsule in the morning and one before bed. The only side effects he has ever had was nausea and a bit of loose stool...but that was only when I gave him a double dose. My sons weight is about 38 kg.

I really hope this information will be of benefit to you and other members. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you who are dealing with this condition, I strongly urge you to do anything you can to get this plant as a treatment for tics.

Apologies for taking so long to reply

Best Wishes

Juwayriyah

Hello Juwayriyah,

I am so delighted that you wrote back to me, thank you so much! I am so happy that your son is doing so well and needs such a little of the plant now. I have been researching everywhere and just cannot find anything bad about this plant so I am relieved to hear there are so few side effects. During your research did you ever discover why or how it works? Do you think it is a detox of some kind? If so it is a very gentle one isn't it? You said your son was able to tolerate all foods now. My grandson has a problem with gluten and dairy, maybe the plant will help with his diet intolerances too.

I have found that the plant grows prolifically along the northeast coast of Australia! My grandson has T.S. plus comorbids including A.S.D. O.C.D. A.D.H.D. O.D.D. anxiety, Tourettes rage and copralalia. When your son had tics How did they present please? Where they blinking, shrugging, eye blinking tics or were they more severe body or a lot of vocal tics? Did he have copralalia or rage attacks? Was he actually diagnosed with Tourette's syndrome or was it some other tic disorder? I know they are a lot of questions but I'm trying to hold back my excitement and rising hope that the plant could benefit my grandson .... and many, many other children in Australia who suffer so much with this horrible disorder.

Yours very gratefully, Joy

Hi again Joy.

My sons first tic was rapid eye blinking at the age of 3. Initially I thought that it was some sort of vision problem but as I researched it ,it became obvious that it was a tic. He did go to the doctor and when I asked him about Tourettes... he just laughed it off, prescribed a muscle relaxant and magnesium. As time passed I turned my poor little boy into a human guinea- pig. I tried multiple remedies that I researched on the internet (fish oil was the worst in his memory :wacko: ). His symptoms waxed and waned. New symptoms would come and go. Facial grimacing, throat clearing, shoulder shrugging and a strange stomach movement were his main tics. I never took him to a doctor for an official diagnosis when his tics became bad because I knew that they would prescribe medication with terrible side effects. My quest for a natural cure thus began because in my religion it says that Allah has not created a disease without its cure.

I believe my sons tics are genetic as my husband had them when he was young. Also, my middle son has on occasion had a slight throat clearing tic. But it goes away pretty fast if he takes a clerodendrum inerme capsule for a few days. Luckily that is the closest he has come to having real tics. He is going to be 10 yrs old next month.

Interestingly, I have come across a patent for this plant specifically for treating Tourettes ( www.google.com/patents/US8182844). It also seems as though the plant can help some other psychiatric disorders too!

Wishing everything of the best to you and your grand son.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Your friend

Juwayriyah.

Hi Juwayriyah,

Thank you for sharing your story on the forum. It makes worried minds sleep a bit easier. I am so happy your son has benefited so much from this plant.

Joy and I met through Facebook discussing this very topic and she encouraged me to ask you any questions as I find a way to procure this plant. My son also has a tic disorder (falling into classic Tourette's diagnosis) though he has never been formally diagnosed for the same reasons your son was not, because I knew the neurologist would just put him on antipsychotic meds. When your husband transported the plant, did he just bring cuttings from India or did he have a whole rooted plant? I may have to get on an airplane to get this plant and I would love to just have it growing in my backyard. I do garden though I am very far from being an expert. I just want to be able to propagate it.

If I cannot propagate it, I will have to just collect a large amount of leaves. Have you every kept the leaves in a freezer? I am wondering if the efficacy is lost if kept in the freezer.

Kate

I am hoping to write to you within ten days or so with some very exciting news! Thank you so much for all you help, encouragement and advice. Thank you for trialling this wonderful plant for all these years. I'm so pleased your son is thriving and tic free! It gives me ... and many others, great hope for the future.

Your friend from Oz, Joy

And yes, I saw that patent pending post. Someone is on to it for sure. I won't feel safe until I too have it growing in my backyard! Cheers, Joy

Hi Kate, sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

Luckily my plants did come with the roots. I have read that the plant can grow from cuttings. I haven't tried it yet but I plan to do so soon, so I will let you know how that goes. I haven't frozen the leaves, but I have noticed they start to turn black after a few days in the fridge. I generally dry the leaves as and when my son needs them so I haven't had much experience in storing the leaves/ powder.

Most countries have very strict laws about bringing in foreign plant material. I have tried with different courier companies to send the plant out of S.A (in powder form) but all refused :( .

I feel so blessed to have this plant growing in my garden -but at the same time I am filled with sadness that I have this amazing treatment for tics (that could be helping so many people) but I am unable to share it.

I pray that clerodendrum inerme will be growing in your backyard soon. :) With lots of perseverance and prayer I am confident you will succeed.

And I cant wait to hear about Joy's exciting news!

Kindest Regards

Juwayriyah

Thank you so much for your response Juwayriyah! Your information is very helpful to someone who is just trying to figure things out.

I am working on getting a hold of this very special plant. I knew there would be restrictions on sending a live plant or plant seeds. I didn't know there were issues with sending the powder as well. :(

I look forward to Joy's post too :) I know some of what has been going on, but I will let her tell her story. It is quite exciting!!!

Aloha,

Kate