ACN Latitudes Forums

Michel12 will be getting plasmapheresis

So I have spoken to Dr. L. and my parents and her both agreed to try plasmapheresis. I will be doing it for 5 days I think. I was told I might see improvement right away at 3-4 weeks and 3-4 months. My symptoms are still very severe and I wanted to here from people who have had it done. What benefits did they notice etc.

I'll probably have to do this. Do you have to go inpatient hospital or can it be done outpatient? I hate being IN the hospital. I hope it helps.

So I have spoken to Dr. L. and my parents and her both agreed to try plasmapheresis. I will be doing it for 5 days I think. I was told I might see improvement right away at 3-4 weeks and 3-4 months. My symptoms are still very severe and I wanted to here from people who have had it done. What benefits did they notice etc.

I actually don't think we are going to do the plasmapheresis now. My parents are deciding against it.

Edited by Michel12

my daughters both had it. one had it twice. I will be happy to share more privately If you or your parents would like to hear about it. it was generally very helpful, but did not "last" , both have needed additional tx after it. it didbring much help Iin two very severe cases and offered some relief.